Killed a 911 GT2 Turbo today!

Badgts

Ferrari Slayer
Established Member
Had another road trip surprise in the Cobra this afternoon. Had a sweet 911 GT2 come strolling by me on the interstate. After my last encounter with a 911 turbo I was hungry for more (last one was a late model 911 Turbo non-S version). Noticed right away this was a different model and just had to give it a try. How often do you see a GT2? Driver was willing too (cool! :beer: ) so we hit it from 80ish. By 110ish I had about half a car. Just pulled him slowly in 4th. Almost droped it in 3rd but thought the revs might be too high and didn't want to spoil the run in case he wouldn't go again. We went a second time to 120ish with same outcome. Man, what a car though. I love Porsches, especially those. Tasty european street treats...kinda like German chocolate...but better :-D

Here is a link about the victim....
http://www.flat-6.net/forum/showcar.php?do=overview&car_model_id=34

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
ehh i dont know man, they have push less hp then your 449rwhp, BUT they are more aerodynamic and have a top end of around 190mph. not to mention they weigh around 500lbs less

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Porsche 911 GT2 :bowdown:
Type: Twin-Turbo Flat-6
Displacement: 3600 cc
Horsepower: 450 bhp @ 6000 rpm
Torque: 432 lb-ft @ 3500 rpm
Redline: 6750 rpm
Performance
0-60 mph: 3.7 sec
0-100 mph: 8.7 sec
Quarter Mile: 11.8 sec @ --- mph
Skidpad: .--g
Top Speed: 186 mph
Braking, 60-0 mph: --- ft
Slalom Speed: --.- mph

Badgts

Ferrari Slayer
Established Member
I'm sure had we stayed in it for the long haul he would have passed me. Doubt mine can hit 190...maybe not even 180 for that matter.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
great kill to say the least man :thumbsup:

I have dedicated my new sig to you in your honor

Last edited:

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Nice kill but doesn't 11.8 beat 12.3? Any hoot, strong pulling cobra you got there. My old man has a modded 911, I beat him every time.

Badgts

Ferrari Slayer
Established Member
Yeah, wouldn't want to try one from a dig...not without the DR's at least. I'm sure I could top the 12.3, but just don't go to the track very often and the last time I went was under poor conditions (dew on the track made for 2.2 60' times). And that's the only time I have gone since installing the pulley.

RixSikcobra04

I beat one without the spray, it was a very close race, it was from a dig(stoplight). We pulled up next to eachother at the next light, said he ran a 11.6 at the track earlier that week. I think he was a little suprised that he lost. Happens. That's about what I run without spray, so I understand why it was so close. They are fast cars...with a very high poon factor too. :rockon:

Evan5469

Established Member
This is exactly what I like to hear. A co-worker of mine has a new Carrera that thinks I have no chance of even keeping up with him. I can't wait til he actually wants to line them up.

1fastsrt-4

Established Member
Good kill I haven't even seen one of those on the road here yet. :( Oh for the guy that said 12.3 car < 11.8 1/4 mile times are about traction and launch techiques roll ons are about smashing gears and holding on tight. I have beaten 450-500whp cobras from a roll on but from a dig they put a huge hurting on me. Rwd>Fwd Anyways, Great Kill

Last edited:

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
roll races are about trap speeds

i dont know what a GT2 traps, but i'm sure its close to the upper hundred teens

should be a good race i would think... nice kill

horseplay

Crazy MMA Junkie
Established Member
its a very rare sighting to see one... just a couple days ago i seen a sl65 benz ina parking lot, i would think he would have beat you.. well who knows good runs :)

02Lightning629

Established Member
GT2's are badass and are geared for top end, but that 11.8 is because they are awd. They can launch the shit outta them cars. I think his cobra would have him down low till the higher speeds. His car has 449rwhp to the porshes motor pushin 450. That weight advantage is made up for. I think hes tellin the truth. I think if they went from a 10-20mph roll the cobra would pull on um no prob. Just my 2cents

98GMEater

Mr. PIIHB
Established Member
02Lightning629 said:
GT2's are badass and are geared for top end, but that 11.8 is because they are awd. They can launch the shit outta them cars. I think his cobra would have him down low till the higher speeds. His car has 449rwhp to the porshes motor pushin 450. That weight advantage is made up for. I think hes tellin the truth. I think if they went from a 10-20mph roll the cobra would pull on um no prob. Just my 2cents

Your right the GT2 is geared toward higher speeds. The guy said they went from 80 mph to 110 mph, thats a pretty high speed to me. Not to say his cobra isnt fast, but I doubt he walked a 911 GT2

Users who are viewing this thread