KILL: Pretty fast silver CTS-V

red03dave

Established Member
My second race in the car: I heard it fighting through traffic to catch up to me and I could hear his exhaust. I was getting on the freeway and he ended up following me. We had to stop at the light and he was a car and half back and I could hear a mild cam, so I knew he was ready to do the damn thing. I rolled on to the free way and lost him in traffic just to see if we would catch up, which he did. We got ahead of the traffic then slowed down to about 50. I let him get the go and he pulled a car on me for a split second then reeled him in. By 3rd he was two-three cars back then by 4th he was about 5-6 and I let off. He then caught back up to me and wanted a second go at it, but this time it was at about 90. I didn't think he wanted another piece or would catch up and I needed to get home in a hurry. Once again I let him get the go and I was pretty high in 3rd, so he jumped a car and a half, once I hit 4th though I pulled him 4 cars and then clicked 5th, that time was about 130 and he was close to 8 lengths back. I slowed back down to 75-80 and he caught up. It was a younger guy mid 30's and he gave me a nod and thumbs up, usually you don't get that from the GM crows - let alone anyone racing there caddy.

mysticalsnake

Established Member
i'm guessing you have a terminator, and everybody will want to know. What car have you got and what mods are done?

Regardless, good kill!

red03dave

Established Member
Sorry need to get them in a my sig. I have an '03 DSG GT, w/ a termi swap, 2.76 pulley, ported blower/elbow, accufab TB, JBA shorties, Magnaflow x pipe and catback (no cats), T56 w/ 3.55's, live axle w/ every single MM suspension mods in the rear, just missing k member and tubular A's up front. On a mustang dyno it made 427hp/406tq.

IveGotTheBlues

Yes..That is me
Established Member
Sorry need to get them in a my sig. I have an '03 DSG GT, w/ a termi swap, 2.76 pulley, ported blower/elbow, accufab TB, JBA shorties, Magnaflow x pipe and catback (no cats), T56 w/ 3.55's, live axle w/ every single MM suspension mods in the rear, just missing k member and tubular A's up front. On a mustang dyno it made 427hp/406tq.

Only 427/406 with a 2.76 on a ported blower??? Should be higher, even on a Mustang Dyno, right?

red03dave

Established Member
Don't know!? I do know there dyno is notoriosly low, need to get it to a dyno jet. What do the same mods usually make? All I care is that it runs hard and reliable, not a big HP junkie.

dragon40k

Established Member
Don't know!? I do know there dyno is notoriosly low, need to get it to a dyno jet. What do the same mods usually make? All I care is that it runs hard and reliable, not a big HP junkie.

I would think you should be close to 500rwhp(assuming stieg 4 or better) on a dynojet. Nice kill. Good to know that caddies like to race too. Sounds like he had a pretty fast one.

evo connevo

Established Member
Ye if that mustang dyno reads that low, then the numbers make sense. You never know how the dyno reads until you get a baseline. It might read like a dynojet or any other dyno. Dynos are just tuning tools and show the growth of modifications anyways.

xecutioner

Established Member
good kill, :) i would assume your numbers would be higher. get it dynoed elsewhere just to see what it puts down if you wanna a different estimate

Zoie_daGT

Established Member
sounds like some good runs. When I read you had a GT, I was about to raise the BS flag. BUT, the termie swap makes sense now. Sounds like you have a good running car regardless. A cammed Caddy should have some pretty good power. Good job.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
good kill man.. i had a good run in my Lightning against a cts-v a couple years back when i owned it.. it was a highway blast and i ended up getting him for whatever reason.

Users who are viewing this thread