Kicking out of gear ?? Help??

Mike_Cobra03

Established Member
In my 03 cobra i have a aluminum fly wheel, spec stage 2 clutch, firewall adjuster, and mgw short throw.

Last nite i knoticed when i was backing out of my garage it kicked its self out of reverse...which i thought was weird.

Then I was at the red light and i heard a thud noise......it shifts fine, i went down the road and was turning around and i had the clutch in and it kicked its self out of first gear while i was waiting to turn. ???

Anyone know what could be going on ...if i need to adjust my firewall adjuster or what ??

mec03svt

SomethingVeryTechnical
Established Member
im having the same problem and have been for awhile. i think mine officially took a shit after thursday. the trans clunks and bangs all around everywhere and locks out of all the gears and is almost impossible to use now. i think a gear is bent or broken and now its all screwed. synchros are probably shot too. your problems sound like mine a few weeks ago sorry to say. ill let you know what i find out.

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
Did you remove the shift stops on your MGW? Vibration could cause them to move in and interfere.

Users who are viewing this thread