kicker upgrades from stage3

i want boost

Established Member
2005-2013 Mustang Kicker CS Speaker Upgrade Kit CS68

wondering if anyone has purchased this perhaps the 8" hideaway sub, if you have let me know what you think.

for $135 it don't sound like a bad deal if it cleans up the sound. shooting for some cheaper improvements, so not trying to drop 500+ on a sound system, and prefer to keep the stock unit, and faceplate

96svtdriver

Established Member
2005-2013 Mustang Kicker CS Speaker Upgrade Kit CS68

wondering if anyone has purchased this perhaps the 8" hideaway sub, if you have let me know what you ink.

for $135 it don't sound like a bad deal if it cleans up the sound. shooting for some cheaper improvements, so not trying to drop 500+ on a sound system, and prefer to keep the stock unit, and faceplate

+1 I think the Kicker speakers are great as long as you team them with the 8" subs in the doors. You'll need a 4-ch amp or a pair of 2-channels. The factory amp is PATHETIC at BEST; nothing as good as the Mach 460 factory amp/speakers. You can use the the oem stereo and a LOC. The setup vesus the previous Mach 460 in terms of factory audio is crap, even with the Kicker speakers. The 05+ factory amp(s) just can't power the Kicker speakers/subs.

The trunk sub is ok, but the 200w amp it comes with leaves something to be desired if you're an audiophile. A 300+w amp is more suitable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread