kickdown

COTA'00 L

I noticed something that I didnt like after I installed the 2.7 upper and the re-burn. First it doesnt shift like I want to, I asked for firmer shifts. It shifts kind of slopy. I also noticed that when im doing like 65 and I step on it it kicks down but the gear doesnt go completly in until like a second later. It doesnt slip, it goes in but it like pickups a second later. Its hard to explain. Could it be that the 2.7 upper is affecting the TPS setting and affecting the shifts? Or very low line pressure?

Chainsaw13

Established Member
The feeling your getting when shifting down a gear could be the convertor not fully being locked up yet.

auyon

svt freak
Established Member
Dont kick it down with so much boost!!!
they probably reburned your chip like you had a valve body kit. sounds like they left it softer. you should do a valve bodykit anyways. get a factory tec.

COTA'00 L

I was looking at them right now, thats my next mod. Long tubes after that. I really dont need to kick it down the trottle response is so good.

auyon

svt freak
Established Member
The long tubes didn't do much for me I'd save the cash and get a blower. I'd do the headers last. I hear magnuson is comming out with one in about a month for about 1k. I'll probably be getting a KB soon. I'm tired off waiting for the works 140. plus its price tag is way too much.

COTA'00 L

I really dont want to change s/c. I want to leave my L as original as possible, besides if JDM can do low 11s with the stock s/c I think I can be able to do mid 11s with mine of course with a built short block.

auyon

svt freak
Established Member
yeah, but you said you didn't want nitrous either. JDM is running 150- 200 shot. I've done testing on the eaton. Its really just a heat pump after 8 psi over. it really wont give much more. It will work with more but you have to let it cool down for about 45 min to an hour. before another run. with 8 psi I ran great once and then I'd loose up to 2 tenths in the 1/8 and would not gain it back untill about an hour cool down. Its no fun waiting an hour between runs. I didn't want to replace the eaton either . I was going to go with a #10 lower #2 upper. but I changed my mind.
Jlp run's 10s with no nitrous. just a KB. although I dont like KB theres no other option.
you can allso cheat a litle bit by going with the ross pistons their compression is 9.2 instead of stock 8.4.

wally9404

Established Member
i just had my 2002lightning supercharger bored and polished, had it dynoed todayon a wide ban,426rwhp 548torque i am running a 8lb lower pulley,superchip flip chip,boost by pass,going to wfc at gateway internatioal and see what it will do in a 1/4 mile.

MoonshineBWI

The Tunaking!
Established Member
Originally posted by wally9404
i just had my 2002lightning supercharger bored and polished, had it dynoed todayon a wide ban,426rwhp 548torque i am running a 8lb lower pulley,superchip flip chip,boost by pass,going to wfc at gateway internatioal and see what it will do in a 1/4 mile.

BORED?
Please enlighten the rest of us how you aquired oversized rotors?
Also - what is a "wide ban"?
Do you even own a lightning?

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I guess he is referring to Wide Ban O2 sensing during the dyno. But yah where did you get the oversized rotors? And how much did you overbore?

Users who are viewing this thread