Keypad programming

Real2000CobraR

Powerstroke God
Established Member
I just bought a numeric keypad that I was going to install in my fuel tank cap. I only have 1 key and keypad so I want to add the numeric key pad for an emergency. I've tried programming it with no luck. I cant get the car to enter program mode. I've tried cycling the key 8 times and nothing. I have tried doing it many ways, without parking brake, door open, start cycling with car locked, unlocked etc. Does anyone know why it would not enter program mode? Could a tune block it some how?

Thanks

sneakysnake03

SVT
Established Member
No a tune won't block it get in and shut the door lock and unlock the doors cycle the key 8 times ending in run. Press 7-8 and 9-0 at the exact same time. The doors will lock and unlock. The key pad should be programmed. However if you have a remote you will need to program it at the same time. After pressing the buttons on the key pad press a button on the remote. If you don't you have to start all over again.

Real2000CobraR

Powerstroke God
Established Member
I've tried all that. After 8 key turns there is no "reprogram" mode. No beeps, no lock/unlocks after etc. Absolutely nothing. I have tried starting with car locked/unlocked, parking brake off (heard it could interrupt signal?), seat belt clicked lol, etc.

I've turned the key 8 times at different speeds also. I have tried prob a solid 100xs.

Last edited:

04redfireRO

DRACULA'S COUNTRY
Established Member
When you get to the 8th turn of the key, do you end in ignition on? If so then you should disconnect the battery for a few min so maybe you can reset the GEM module.

Real2000CobraR

Powerstroke God
Established Member
Yes I was trying in the on position. I even tried off position as well because I was getting annoyed. Will try disconnecting the battery. Worth a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread