key words on the 03 admitted

eddy z

Established Member
for those of you have not read yet the lastest SVT Euthasis mail mag. There was nice wrtie up about the 03.. Most news we knew about, but two wrods stood out as SVT/Ford are finally coming clean on:

"Underrated" 390hp

"At Least" 20hp held back in the exhaust to meet certain guidleines, ect...

All true we knew, but good to hear its officail...

i8u

Established Member
I also liked how they said " Two own a high performance vehicle and not drive it in a high performance fashion should be a crime" and this" slicks will do you wonders, and likely make a stock cobra a reliable low 12 second terror".

But then they contradict themselves in the warranty guide when they say.....

What is not covered under warrenty

Damage caused by Misusing the vehicle.... such as racing or using the vehicle as a stationary power source.

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

eddy z

Established Member
good call i8u, i found that entertaining as well.. thye really give some off the record advice on how to make this car a terror..

Mako

Established Member
it's the first and second rules to life

"Cover thy A$$"

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by eddy z
for those of you have not read yet the lastest SVT Euthasis mail mag. There was nice wrtie up about the 03.. Most news we knew about, but two wrods stood out as SVT/Ford are finally coming clean on:

"Underrated" 390hp

"At Least" 20hp held back in the exhaust to meet certain guidleines, ect...

All true we knew, but good to hear its officail...

Did you just receive this issue? The only issue I have so far is the July/August issue.

i8u

Established Member
Originally posted by LLCoolStang
I don't know about you guys but I'm not racing, just going in a straight line REALY fast.

After going from a blown 98 cobra to the 03. The IRS is awsome for flinging it around a corner and staying planted. I love it.:beer:

i8u

Established Member
Originally posted by toofast4u
Who actually uses there car as a stationary power source?
:dw: :dw: :dw:

Wouldn't that be anyone who heats up the tires in the water box as the strip?

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by i8u
Wouldn't that be anyone who heats up the tires in the water box as the strip?

I was thinking it might mean having it dyno'd. That would make sense after the 99 mess if you have your car dyno'd to confirm it is not making the expected power your warranty is void because you had it dyno'd. Cool dilemma.

i8u

Established Member
I was thinking it might mean having it dyno'd. That would make sense after the 99 mess if you have your car dyno'd to confirm it is not making the expected power your warranty is void because you had it dyno'd. Cool dilemma.

If you open your hood there should be a sticker saying dyno restrictions apply. However I believe this is just due to the Traction control.:beer:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
No, like in Predator where Arnie cuts the belt on an old truck that was pumping water...

Users who are viewing this thread