Key fob stop working

FIVEHOE

Established Member
I'm gonna assume you tried shaking it, smacking it against your hand or something to that effect? Mine must of had a loose connection or something because it would register like 1 out of every 10 clicks, until I threw it against the wall, then it started working perfectly again. I wouldn't recommend this solution though

I would replace the battery next and go from there

soSincerious

Established Member
this happened to me the other morning ... went to unlock, and nothing. lock / unlock / panic / trunk, nothing worked.

I opened the door manually with the key, and it came alive again and everything was working as normal. I didn't leave anything on (from what I could tell) like a dome light or headlights ...

BADSEED

Established Member
I've tried all of that and nothing, don't feel like paying dealer. Car only goes to friends house and race track don't really need it. But still pissing me off that it broke car has 30k on it and sits in garage 5 days a week

FordService

Official Ford Service Rep
Established Member
have no idea whats going on it just stop working. Tried to do the key relearn and still nothing. Has this happened to anyone? I put new battery in the key and cant find my spare key to test it
I've tried all of that and nothing, don't feel like paying dealer. Car only goes to friends house and race track don't really need it. But still pissing me off that it broke car has 30k on it and sits in garage 5 days a week
I understand where you’re coming from, BADSEED. At this point, I recommend you bring it in and speak to your service manager. He is in the best position to ensure a proper diagnosis, and will be able to provide available options and/or coverage for any work needed.

Deysha

Users who are viewing this thread