Key and FOB Combo

PC PaiN

Established Member
Anyone running a key with a built in fob on it on their mustang or lightning? I've seen them on eBay but not sure if they work since we have that shroud thing on the ignition. I need a key and fob for my bullitt and thought that would be a cool way to go and would probably get one for the lightning as well if they work. I've sent guys with newer F-150's running the escape style key that is an all in one unit.

Anyone have any experience with this that can give some insight? Some auctions on eBay say that it will work but I'm just not sure about it with the way our ignition is.

txyaloo

Established Member
I know the combined unit won't work on the Lightning.

Also, unless the unit is a switchblade style key, I wouldn't want to carry it. The GTO key is an all in one design, and it's huge in the pocket.

Ohms

Established Member
I know a lot of the 04-08 F150 guys run Fusion keys.. I thought about it since I have a remote start as well, it would be nice to have it all in one!

some day

PC PaiN

Established Member
well I've pretty much given up on it. I'm just gonna get a regular pats key for the stang and a new fob. Went to wal-mart today to get the key but they were sold out

txyaloo

Established Member
I would order them on ebay. Both the key and transmitter are cheap. As long as you have two keys, you can program the new key yourself.

txyaloo

Established Member
Ouch. :lol: I hope you can find a cheap locksmith. The dealer will charge you $100-300 to program that second key.

Users who are viewing this thread