Kevko oil pans????

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
Just ordered a kevko oil pan are their any 95R owners using it and how is the clearance around the rack?And what do you think of the quality?Stan

I had one built for my '95R in '05. I talked to the guy who builds them, and made a few changes over the Canton style pan. 1: The drain plug location so it won't drain into the K member. 2: The sump designed so all the oil will drain out. 3: He added an oil temp bung.

It was hard to make one for a DART five 4bolt mains block. He did really well. :rockon:

Ruslow

Established Member
Ok received the pan and it is ok quality.comparded to canton.Uses stock pickup you will have to bend the pickup to get the clearance you need for the bottom fo the pan to pick up.Mine was tight at less than .250 now it is .625.The top baffle[the one the pickup goes thru needed to be deburred and the pan needed to be cleaned[still had metal shaving in it]But on the pan they say you need to clean before use.Pan is just in raw steel and painted on the outside.Whick is fine for me.I choose this pan because it is tighter to the motor and will not have header issues and it also has alittle more ground clearance[3/4 inch] compared to canton and since my motor is dropped that amount it helps! Inside pan lookes very close to canton as to the baffle set up.Now this is all lookingat pics of canton pans I don't have one in person so take that for what it is.overall I am satified just not jumping for joy.Stan

PS pan number is F405.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Good feedback.

I am running a Canton but had to clearance the pickup tube. The pan is very close to the steering rack.

Does it have a windage tray separate? Built-in?

Cost?

Tmo

Ruslow

Established Member
cost of pan with pick up was 325.00 plus ship.Since it is based off of the stock 351 pan should be ok.No baffle inside.But to be honest unless you are going for ultima HP see no reason since it add about 10 hp at 6k.I was looking for more oil control than every oz of hp. Stan

Users who are viewing this thread