Kenwood DNX6160 in '96

SoCalHarley

SC32VGT
Established Member
I finally installed a double din Kenwood deck in my '96. Has Nav, ipod integration and bluetooth phone integration. Also installed a Mach 1000 sub powered by an Alpine MRP 350 amp. Sound is so much better that the stock headunit and with the sub it is really good. I was going to replace the entire system but I am going to hold with this as the sound is really good. Some pics....
DSCN0338.jpg

DSCN0331.jpg

DSCN0330.jpg

DSCN0328.jpg

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
Very nice! I also installed a double din indash screen and the stock mach 460 sounds so much better when compared to the stock headunits. I was also going to upgrade all the wiring and speakers but I'm going to stick with the stock parts for a while and just throw my 12" JL in the trunk.

SoCalHarley

SC32VGT
Established Member
Hey thanks. I was surprised how much of a difference the new head unit made, not to mention how much better it all looks. The sub really made a big difference too. Pretty cool we both live in San Marcos... just different states.

SoCalHarley

SC32VGT
Established Member
Yes you will have to fab a bracket to mount the bottom front of the Metra 95-5026 Ford Lincoln Murcury Multi Year Dash Kit that you will need to as well as one going back to the old mounting hole in the back. I did not take any pictures but I have one from someone else that I saw posted.
Doubledin.jpg

Once you see the Metra dask kit and see where the mounting holes are it will become obvious how to fab the bracket. I used flat aluminum stock I got from Home Depot. In the picture above I had the tabs going backwards on the front bracket instead of forward to make it easier for the bezel to be reinstalled. It will take some trial and error to get the fitment correct but it is not that bad. Good luck

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread