Kentucky derby Advice?

RDLightning01

Young Svt Poster
Established Member
Ok guys, ive talked and debated awhile now about going to the kentucky derby. Well i think a few friends and i are going this year and was wondering if anybody has any tips or how much of a mess were getting into.

mustanginky

Established Member
Avoid the west end of louisville. Anything past 9th street isnt friendly.

Its a helluva good time around here at that time. Make sure to get reservations at a hotel. It may be too late now honestly. Youll love it.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
I think you should make an SVTP sign and try to hold it up during a TV interview.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
There are two ways to do the Derby - Infield or Clubhouse. Infield is the party zone, Clubhouse is suits\dresses and expect to spend some $$. Not sure which you are wanting to get into. It's a good time and something to experience, but it's crazy and crowded. Some people will go, be there all day and never actually see a horse. Even just parking for the day requires luck and planning. The further you park away from the track the better and walk out after, like 1-2 miles away. We would always park straight down 3rd street toward the Watterson expressway. If you look on google maps this will make sense. I know of people that have got there early and parked close to the track and been trapped in traffic until 10pm that night.

I would really need to know how old you are and how much you are into going out and drinking to recommend more. Oh and as said - you're probably going to have to drive 50 miles out of the city to find a hotel at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread