Kenny Brown Subframe Matrix system

astippich

Established Member
It makes the car feel way tighter. You can definately feel the difference. Do it.

2814v

Established Member
It really tightens up the car, you will feel the differance. My installer said it was the best fitting and cleanest install of a sub-system he ever did. A quote from my installer "The quality of this KB system is so much better then the crap the camero guys bring me to put on thier car's"

geepaw

Heck yes I did it!
Established Member
where's the cheapest place to buy them? I was thinking of
the GWest versions or the hanns, but have seen the
flanges not quite at the right angle on some to
match with the chassis. I wonder if the KB matrix
can come prewelded together and just have the
local shop install them to the car. :shrug:

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
FriscoCobra said:
Does it have any affect on ride quality , harsher on bumps and things like that ?

The car feels better over bumps. It makes the car feel like it is all one piece. Really stable. I don't think there are any drawbacks whatsoever.

FriscoCobra

Established Member
Right now I have no mods but i really want to install this second right after I get my mgw shifter. I do plan on putting new exhaust too but i want to wait on that cause it is more expensive. Will adding these on get in the way of adding a new exhaust system down the road? What i mean is will i have to take them off to put new exhaust ? Last question : Are they welded on or bolt on ? By the way thanks for all the responses to this thread you have all been a tremendous help

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
FriscoCobra said:
Right now I have no mods but i really want to install this second right after I get my mgw shifter. I do plan on putting new exhaust too but i want to wait on that cause it is more expensive. Will adding these on get in the way of adding a new exhaust system down the road? What i mean is will i have to take them off to put new exhaust ? Last question : Are they welded on or bolt on ? By the way thanks for all the responses to this thread you have all been a tremendous help

Only buy weld in full lengths. You won't have any problems unless you plan on running a side exit exhaust. Keep in mind that welding isn't cheap. Some place are going to try to charge a fortune to weld the whole Matrix kit on.

OhOneSnake

Let it melt......
Established Member
The KB system uses a regular subframe connector, not full lengths. Its just the matrix brace that extends it to a full length, along with the jacking rails.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
OhOneSnake said:
The KB system uses a regular subframe connector, not full lengths. Its just the matrix brace that extends it to a full length, along with the jacking rails.

I didn't know that. Scerw the KB stuff. Buy some MM full lengths. That's what I have and they are awesome. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread