Kenny Brown rear strut brace

Inb0ost

Established Member
Hey all, I was attempting to install my Kenny Brown rear strut brace in my 03 vert this weekend, and what seemed to be an easy install ended up not. When I was getting the brace over the shocks I couldn't get it to sit flush on the rear towers. Some of the caulk over the tower weld seams were holding it from sitting flush, as well as it was a very tight fit between the towers. Has anyone else installed this brace in a vert? I also noticed my clearance between the rear amps (mounted on floor in a vert) was very minimal. I would like to install this piece, but don't want it to become a huge ordeal. Also I did have the car on the ground with full weight. Not sure if i should have the car jacked up to install this..Can the rear towers flex a little since IRS?

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Can't really help, but would love to see pics. I didn't think any of the rear tower braces could be used with a Terminator vert.

WheelStander

Ford Plastics Engineer
Established Member
Same issue with my coupe as far as fit wirh an MM fwiw.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

bubblehead93

Established Member
Attached link lays out what I did with my Kenny Brown rear shock tower brace. Mine was complicated by installing the MM rear race upper shock mounts for coil-overs.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...S-Coil-Over-Auto-X-and-Drag-setups&highlight=

The fit was inadequate in my opinion for a bolt in solution (as advertised). Did not like how it stacked on the shock tower which limited options for using it with the MM upper shock mount. So as described I cut it, persuaded it, and fit it, so it fit nicely with the shock towers... and then welded it in... when I install a roll bar this winter, I may cut the cross brace out and x-brace the shock towers to the roll bar rear extensions...

Unless your willing and able to do some fab work to properly fit it, I would avoid the Kenny Brown brace... jmho....

r/
Andy

trmnator

Established Member
I went through the same thing. The shop I use measured up for height and tacked the first down then beat and pryed the other side down. It isn't perfect but made a little difference. I bet a body shop with a porto-power ram could spread the towers for a drop in fit. Crap, I wish I had thought of that!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread