Kenny Brown or H&R Race springs?

BigDaveDogg

Keepin' it real.
Established Member
...posted this in the Mustang forum, didn't get a good response. Help me out...

Looking at springs for the GT, but don't know which I should go with. I'm not looking for a real slammed look, but I'm not satisfied with stock ride height. I'll be going to 18" wheels by spring, and the plan is to have the springs done for spring as well. I hear a lot of good things about both H&R Race springs as well as Kenny Brown springs, so it's a tough decision. Both look really good...but I'm wondering the spring rate of both. I recall finding the specs of the Race springs, and they're pretty damn stiff. I hear the KB's ride pretty close to stock, but a stiff ride isn't too big of a concern for me. However, weight transfer is. Stiffer springs will reduce traction in a straight line, so if someone can post the specs of both it'd be great. Let me know what you guys think, posting any additional information you can think of that will help me decide. Thanks...

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Love my KBs on the Cobra and like the H&Rs on my LX. BTW, I think both have the best drop from the springs I've seen.
-J

BigDaveDogg

Keepin' it real.
Established Member
What are the spring rates of both? I remember finding H&R...but can't find ANY info on KB's.

ARMEDSVT

Established Member
I don't know about the H R's but I have the KB springs and love them. I have had alot of compliments about the way the car sits. I decided to go with the KB's because I never heard anything bad about them, hope my input helps.

Here's a pic:
g1435.jpg

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
dont spread rumors. they could just be at pri like everyone else. the guy could also be hospitalized for his long-running illness. but like mark said, wait till after pri.

kb springs are linear rate
h&r race springs are variable rate

if that matters to you

THE FLASH

"Mr. Sulu, Warp factor 3"
Established Member
KB all the way. The 03/04 specific are 750 front and 876 rear. BTW, the KB springs are linear rate and H&R are progresive rate springs.

Users who are viewing this thread