KENNY BROWN IRS Cobra Forward Torque Brace

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
http://cart.kennybrown.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=136&idproduct=428

296002.jpg

Anybody tried this, results????

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
It's on my list of mods for when I actually get my car. I am going to get every stiffening brace KB makes cuz Denver roads are HORRIBLE and I wanna limit twisting, and wrenching of the chassis to allow the car to actually last a few miles before it falls apart.

Losing the wheel hop is nice, too.

RPM Outlet offers a package including all the KB braces and Hard Launch braces / bushings. Its about $600.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Originally posted by Silver03Snake
The 03 already has one. His may hold more torque but I doubt it is needed.

I called and asked, they say it is a direct replacement for our factory IRS brace, more robust with more reinforcement, bigger gussets. Takes about an hour to remove/install. Tech guy claims 80-85% wheel hop reduction on either coupes or verts.

Says "the stronger piece limits "deflection" which is the cause of wheel hop".

Anybody have one that can confirm the claim? I am dubious....

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
We used to talk about this a lot on the New Edge forum because the '99 and '01 cars didn't have any brace. The consensus, I believe, was that the '03 brace was as good as the aftermarket ones, but the improved bushings sold by Steeda, Kenny Brown, and PHP helped.

Unless this is a completely newly engineered piece, I would say that 80-85 percent reduction is BS.

lguerra1

Established Member
Does the brace come with aftermarket poly bushings? If not, then the 80% improvement is BS. If so, then I would agree, it will improve wheelhop about 80%. But you can get the same effect by only changing out the bushings. With the Steeda diff bushings and the stock brace, my wheel hop was reduced about 80%. That could be where their claim is coming from. Otherwise, I agree with others, keep the stock brace and just replace the diff bushings with an aftermarket poly set.

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
The bushings definitely come with the comprehensive stiffening kit, but I dont think any bushings come with just the brace if you buy it separately.

Robertson Racin

All American Muscle
Established Member
I've got the brace, I've also got the bushings. I have very Little wheel hop. I can't speak for just the brace. I am happy overall...

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I was just about to ask if Maximum motorsports has the same thing availible. I would definately go with them.

lguerra1

Established Member
Originally posted by KevinJKD
I was just about to ask if Maximum motorsports has the same thing availible. I would definately go with them.

The issue is if you compare the MM brace to our stock brace, it looks exactly the same. Which equates to not worth buying.

The Kenny Brown brace does appear to be much more robust. But unless you install aftermarket bushings with it, you won't feel the improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread