Kenny Brown '03 Vert Specific Roll Bar

ObieFox

Established Member
I spoke with Kenny Brown today and as cobragb hinted, they are bringing out an '03 Cobra Specific roll bar. It will be a "double hump" roll bar and it should be released later this week. This might be the ticket for us convertible guys that want to go racing.

:beer:

Kevin

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by ObieFox
I spoke with Kenny Brown today and as cobragb hinted, they are bringing out an '03 Cobra Specific roll bar. It will be a "double hump" roll bar and it should be released later this week. This might be the ticket for us convertible guys that want to go racing.

:beer:

Kevin

The saleen light bar is my ticket. No one knows its not real, and it looks cool. I pulled a 12.89, they flagged me. Pulled me into inspection and were like, "drop the top." I dropped it, they saw the saleen LIGHT BAR, and were like, "oh, you have a roll bar, sorry, back to racing."

:D

cobragb

Ford/Mustang Nut
Established Member
Good news! I was hoping they had enough interest to follow up on this! As far as a light bar goes, I think they are worthless. It would be the second thing people would see rolling out from under the car, just behind your head. If I do wind up needing a rollbar, I want one that works.

Last edited:

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by cobragb
Good news! I was hoping they had enough interest to follow up on this! As far as a light bar goes, I think they are worthless. It would be the second thing people would see rolling out from under the car, just behind your head. If I do wind up needing a rollbar, I want one that works.

The light bar is worthless in terms of safty, but then again so is drag racing.

ObieFox

Established Member
Cobragb, I'm with you. I'm looking for safety not just the appearance of safety (but I do love the way the saleen light bar looks). Most open track events will require some type of roll bar as well.

KO

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by ObieFox
Cobragb, I'm with you. I'm looking for safety not just the appearance of safety (but I do love the way the saleen light bar looks). Most open track events will require some type of roll bar as well.

KO

Eh, I am fine risking decapitation for looks. The light bar is very slick. :beer:

Cobra03

Fordrarri
Established Member
That is outstanding. Ever since I ordered this car I have been looking for a good looking double hump style roll bar. Could not find one anywhere. I think I would take one for the open track.

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
KB makes some nice cages. I've seen one of their older street cages in a fox and it fit like a glove. Very nice. However, I did read a post about the same style cage not fitting so well in a SN95.

Big Daddy

Open Track Junkie!
Established Member
Originally posted by 94SVT Coupe
KB makes some nice cages. I've seen one of their older street cages in a fox and it fit like a glove. Very nice. However, I did read a post about the same style cage not fitting so well in a SN95.

I have his 6 point in my Coupe and it fits great and is very high quality! When he puts one out for the '03 vert it should be great! :D :beer: :beer: :thumbsup:

Cobra03

Fordrarri
Established Member
I called them in December and they said they did not know if they were doing this or not. Have not checked again since. Someone should call.

Fiveohdean

Established Member
You'll want to check with KB and make sure the roll bar for the 03 is NHRA legal. Their earlier street cages were not. May or may not be a problem for you depending on how good the techs at your track are.

terminatd

Established Member
Here is the official response to my email:

William,

The Non Race application is the tough part. If we install a cage in a vert
we must remove the back seat. The travel path of the top requires the main
hoop to angle towards the rear.
Now the problem, if the car would be involve in a colision the person would
hit the bar with their forehead. That is why we MUST render the backseat
unuseable. Unfortunatly not many cobra owners will give up the back seat.
Thank you for your interest in Kenny Brown Performance Products,

Rich Cottrell
Kenny Brown Performance

terminatd

Established Member
With this much power, Ford should have a factory roll bar. Are there any other verts with more power and no bar? There must be some government regulation here? Anyway, I sent Kenny Brown this pic.

Users who are viewing this thread