kenny bell?

PiMpOnAnR1

JIBBIES!
Established Member
well i had just bought a 01 cobra and i wanted ot know how much for the kenny bell 9psi kit would be i looking to make around 450-500 rwhp so if you guys can help i would like that thanx

Mach0ne351

Established Member
the kennebell 9psi intercooled kit runs for $6700. i know it sounds ridiculous, but well worth it. the reason why it is WAY higher than the 03/04 cobra version is because it comes with a lower intake manifold/intercooler as well. the 03/04 cobra one doesnt. the other 01 cobra kennebell kits range from $4200-$4700.

-marek

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Got my 9psi intercooled kit for 6758 Shipped....the FedEx tracker says it will be here today...woot woot

Oooh i can't wait to go home today

Sep 30, 2004 6:27 AM
On FedEx vehicle for delivery
LEWISTON, ME
Sep 29, 2004 11:17 PM

At local FedEx facility
LEWISTON, ME

4:11 PM
In transit
WILLINGTON, CT

Sep 24, 2004 5:09 AM
In transit
BLOOMINGTON, CA
Departed location

Sep 23, 2004 7:37 PM

Package data transmitted to FedEx
6:57 PM

In transit

BLOOMINGTON, CA
6:57 PM

In transit

BLOOMINGTON, CA 4:50 PM

Picked up
BLOOMINGTON, CA

Last edited:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I am have all of next week off for the install...and i plan to take to a dyno the weekend of the 23rd of OCt

DSCobra01

Established Member
Double"O", good luck with the install. I too can't wait to hear your impression and see your dyno numbers. And a few pics and videos won't hurt either. :-D

Surprising, there's been little info posted about this new kit. I know there were a few people posting on modularfords.com, but never any dyno results the last time I checked.

FYI, here's the link in case you didn't already know about it...
KB install for 99 and 01 Cobra

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
Originally posted by Double"O"
I am have all of next week off for the install...and i plan to take to a dyno the weekend of the 23rd of OCt
If everything goes right..you will be grinning from ear to ear. After the dyno let us know the results.

wallie40

Established Member
ou guys should check modular fords.com they have a kb q&A going. And everyone is seeing low hp and tq from these kits. the 6..5-7lb no IC are seeing 345hp and the IC are seeing 402. Which isnt that great. I would really thing twice about getting one until they work out all the bugs.

Taz

Established Member
Originally posted by wallie40
ou guys should check modular fords.com they have a kb q&A going. And everyone is seeing low hp and tq from these kits. the 6..5-7lb no IC are seeing 345hp and the IC are seeing 402. Which isnt that great. I would really thing twice about getting one until they work out all the bugs.

:dw:

Well that's PRETTY close, except only one of each has actually seen the rollers. As far as we know, only a single non-intercooled '99 has been dynoed. KB's development car was an '01, and some believe Mike's car dynoed low because the tune isn't quite right for a '99. Maybe. We won't really know for sure until a solution for Mike's low power has been discovered and/or more cars hit the rollers.

The only other dyno we know of was done on Joe's intercooled '99. Joe's car dynoed at about 400HP, but Joe is seeing only 7 lbs of boost, not the full 9 lbs. When he figures out where his missing boost went and recovers it, he'll probably be right about where he should be, since each lb of boost is worth 6.8% of max HP.

I don't know of any '01's that have hit the dyno yet, and I don't plan to put mine on the rollers until the weather here cools off a bit more, probably around Thanksgiving. But I worked closely with KB tech support during my own installation, so I have a pretty good sense of the company's corporate ethics and philosophy, and there's no doubt in my mind KB will stand behind its product. If there is any inherent issue with the kit, even if it's model-year specific, KB will correct it. Besides, how can I be concerned when my own freakin' car has been transformed into a beast that's been gobbling up everything in sight.

Meanwhile, got torque?

ts_shot1.jpg

ts_shot2.jpg

Auto Meter boost and FP gauges and a Zone 5 brace round out the package ...

boost__fp_gauges_shot1.jpg

boost__fp_gauges_shot2.jpg

diff_cover_brace.jpg

Fat bottom end ... Mmmm, mmmm, good!

:D

T-

Hepcat007

Established Member
I was all for getting the intercooled kit until the price came out. I understand you get what you pay for but for that money you can get a smokin HP twin turbo kit that will create some real real power. Im gonna wait to see how all the dyno's turn out though before i make my final decision.

wallie40

Established Member
Hey taz, i have been talking to mike too. I just cancelled my kit and ordered a novi2k. I dont want to take a chance and have to make my car the R&D Car for a kit that "should" be done.

Good luck with your kits and i hope that you get what you want.

Taz

Established Member
Originally posted by wallie40
Hey taz, i have been talking to mike too. I just cancelled my kit and ordered a novi2k. I dont want to take a chance and have to make my car the R&D Car for a kit that "should" be done.

Good luck with your kits and i hope that you get what you want.

I've GOT what I wanted. I have an '01, so I have zero issues with my kit.

Good luck with your Novi 2K.

T-

Users who are viewing this thread