Kennebell throttle Body issues

1fast4d

Established Member
I recently had a kennebell 3.6 supercharger, and twin 75mm throttle installed on my 2010 GT500 and now the pcm keeps thinking the throttle body is stuck closed when its not and my tuner is at a loss as is kennebell and the tech guys from SCT.Any thoughts would be apreciated.

shelby mark

Established Member
I recently had a kennebell 3.6 supercharger, and twin 75mm throttle installed on my 2010 GT500 and now the pcm keeps thinking the throttle body is stuck closed when its not and my tuner is at a loss as is kennebell and the tech guys from SCT.Any thoughts would be apreciated.

the brass gears do not work well with the plastic gears, they tend to bind up and it can cause fail safe problems. I had to get a new TB and that solved my issues. this might help?

blackshelby

the brass gears do not work well with the plastic gears said:
It could be a brass gear issue as stated or it could be a tune issue. (they are not easy to tune)
If you think it is a tb /gear issue and intersted I do have l&m 78 tb which uses only plastic gears.(made for a kb setup)

Last edited:

Cuda426

Established Member

Likely that the throttle stop plunger spring is weak or failed, you will need to send the throttle body to KB to be serviced (new spring and adjustment). see photo

IMG_0298.jpg

Van@RevanRacing

Contact Matt or Mike and describe your problem. You might have to send it in for analysis. I recently had a customer who was having the same issue, sent his TB in and received a new one a few days later. It was a problem in the way the throttle was manufactured.

FYI. Kenne Bell throttle bodies are made by the same company that makes Ford Racing Throttle bodies, (Accufab).

1fast4d

Established Member
Thanks for the help I have already sent the throttle body to KB because it kept going into limp mode and they installed a new spring. After installing the throttle body back on the car the minute I gave it gas it gave a hard code indicating the throttle body was stuck closed even though it is not.

Van@RevanRacing

Thanks for the help I have already sent the throttle body to KB because it kept going into limp mode and they installed a new spring. After installing the throttle body back on the car the minute I gave it gas it gave a hard code indicating the throttle body was stuck closed even though it is not.

That was step one. Step two, contact Lund Racing and get remote tune support from Lund Racing. Jon Lund has calibrated a lot of these throttle bodies and since you've gone this far with having KB review the TB I would recommend contacting Lund Racing and explaining in detail everything you've done thus far and see if they can assist you further. I hope that helps.

It isn't mechanical at this point its something in your custom tune since you are not using a Kenne Bell Tune.

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
What was your official outcome? Mine is now doing this, only after it gets heated up. First start and initial idle and all is well. Once it gets hot, she gets whacked out and can hang at 3-4k for an alarming extended amount of time. I have stopped driving until I get it resolved. PLanning to contact Matt today, thanks for the input thus far.

subscribed

Van@RevanRacing

What was your official outcome? Mine is now doing this, only after it gets heated up. First start and initial idle and all is well. Once it gets hot, she gets whacked out and can hang at 3-4k for an alarming extended amount of time. I have stopped driving until I get it resolved. PLanning to contact Matt today, thanks for the input thus far.

subscribed

I'm not sure whose calibration you are running but it sounds like your servo motor is done.

You'll need to purchase a new GT500 throttle body and replace the electronics on your KB Throttle Body with the ones from the new GT500 TB. Ford Racing Offers the GT500 Throttle body for just over $100

That should fix your problem.

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
I'm not sure whose calibration you are running but it sounds like your servo motor is done.

You'll need to purchase a new GT500 throttle body and replace the electronics on your KB Throttle Body with the ones from the new GT500 TB. Ford Racing Offers the GT500 Throttle body for just over $100

That should fix your problem.

Thanks, Van, for your input. FRiday night I picked up a buddie's TB and swapped the motor and all is now well. Worked like a charm. You just saved me a week's worth of down time and then some.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Van said:
Kenne Bell throttle bodies are made by the same company that makes Ford Racing Throttle bodies, (Accufab).

Van, I have to ask. If Mihovetz is also doing KB's throttle bodies, then why wouldn't KB spec factory Ford gears, etc, like Ford Racing does?

Kenne Bell

Established Member
Van was mistaken on the GT500 throttle bodies, John does not make those. We make them. John does make our Smaller single blade stock replacement 03-04 Cobra and Lightning throttle bodies though.

Last edited:

Blue Diamond

Established Member
Large Monoblade Warning!!!

Van was mistaken on the GT500 throttle bodies, John does not make those. We make them. John does make our Smaller single blade stock replacement 03-04 Cobra and Lightning throttle bodies though.
On your 168 Mono blade Warning!!!
You Need To Let People Know That You Must Pay One Person $450.00 To Unlock the Failsafe mode !!!:nono: Anyone Having The Same Issue, Feel Free To PM ME.

Last edited:

Kenne Bell

Established Member
We ship complete kits with the program. I'm sorry you feel that way. Jon Lund happens to know how to properly tune the car. Same as Ken here at Kenne Bell. If you order the kit from us complete to run on your stock Shelby the tune and throttle body will be perfect. It is when you change things like the cams, heads, etc. that require "custom" tuning that it becomes a tune problem. That is not a Kenne Bell problem that is your tuners problem. We suggest Jon because he has the experience and knowledge to properly tune the combination. Its not in the throttle body, its in the tuning. Hope that helps explain the situation.

Users who are viewing this thread