kennebell leaking water

red gt500

Established Member
i just finished installing my 2.8 kennebell
when i shut the engine off after the first start up i took of the TB to make some adjustments there is water inside the sc and the elbow nothing crazy but small amount mixed with oil i have checked the dip stick no water of any kind all oil inside decided to start it again and give 15 minute to warm up and shut it off took off th TB nothing !:??::??:

now i dont know if its really leaking or not am confused

any one had this problem ?

Kenne Bell

Established Member
Not making sense. There shouldn't be any water in the inlet period. Even if the LC failed in would run out of the vent in the drive before it made it by the rotor pack. The water is more than likely from condensation or cleaning. Was this a used kit or new?

red gt500

Established Member
Not making sense. There shouldn't be any water in the inlet period. Even if the LC failed in would run out of the vent in the drive before it made it by the rotor pack. The water is more than likely from condensation or cleaning. Was this a used kit or new?

yes i know its not making any sense..but for sure there was water inside the inlet and also the rotor after the first start i dont know if its from the lc system or the lower ic
its a used kit with less then 3k miles

Last edited:

MikeHoncho

Who cares...
Established Member
It was a new KB Bigun. The shop took it back apart and said it was just an o-ring going to the intercooler. Not exactly sure where.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
It was a new KB Bigun. The shop took it back apart and said it was just an o-ring going to the intercooler. Not exactly sure where.

Thanks Mike.

Do you still have the KB Bigun installed? or did you have it swapped with another I/C?

R

Users who are viewing this thread