kennebell for 1st gen 5.8?????best bet?s-c vs. t-c

Svtwv

I have looked an found a kennebell page offering a supercharger for the 1st gen lightning..however pricing an stuff for it is no where to be found..an the page looks old..does anyone know if they are still available also is it as big of a kick in the pants on these trucks as it is on late model mustangs? also just since im posting whats the best route in your opinion on power adders? root style sc...centrifugal sc...turbo..thanks

427Lightning

Established Member
KB no longer offers that blower. Pro charger still offers a kit and Rick @Amazom tuning is getting a group buy togerther for a Vortec kit.A far as a roots or KB blower you would have to make your own adaptor.
TPSToyfooddrive2010004.jpg

Last edited:

427Lightning

Established Member
the adaptor I made bolts to the lower GT 40 intake,the first one did not have innercooler in it.The adaptor I have now has a Cobra IC in a 5" square tube plumbed with Gen ll water pump and heat exchanger in the front of the truck. The upper is the 4th design with 4 extra injectors to cool the rotors, so I run 12 42# injectors.Also using a oval TB.http://s1025.photobucket.com/albums/y312/redlightningssf/

427Lightning

Established Member
The adaptor I made can be used with any other blower like Kenne Bell or Whipple,those blowers are smaller compared to my 871 and could be kept under the hood.No one has taken me up on making them an adaptor for a KB or whipple.The adaptor can be made using a used Lightning/Cobra innercooler, I bought a new Hi dollar one from Velocity Turbo. A KB 2.6 or bigger or Whipple 3.4 on Gen l Lightning would get you into the 600 hp club.

427Lightning

Established Member
Back when I put this blower on my 93 no one made a big direct displacement blower to support my 418W stroker, now everybody makes a big blower Whipple, Kenne Bell all make blowers bigger than the 2.2 I had on the truck. One of those bigger blowers from KB, Whipple would work great on the IC I made up and would not need to cut up the firewall and fit under the hood. My BDS 871 can make big power if I were to up the boost and maybe put a BIG cam in it.
Check out Superchargersonline they can sell you a Whipple 3.4 plus the snout, adapting it to my IC would be farely simple. If you allready have a supporting fuel systom you would have great street strip ready blower.
Like Ive said before I will make anyone a IC adator for just the material and welding cost. buying a used Cobra/Lightning undercharger innercooler will keep the cost down.All you need is to supply me the blower to mock it up.

427Lightning

Established Member
Have not been on here for a while.My welder takes about a week to do the welding, gathering all the other parts and choosing and having the blower of your choise may take longer. I still have my first adaptor for a BDS 871 blower non innercooled. I would be willing to sell if anyone is serious.

sranda

The adaptor I made can be used with any other blower like Kenne Bell or Whipple,those blowers are smaller compared to my 871 and could be kept under the hood.No one has taken me up on making them an adaptor for a KB or whipple.The adaptor can be made using a used Lightning/Cobra innercooler, I bought a new Hi dollar one from Velocity Turbo. A KB 2.6 or bigger or Whipple 3.4 on Gen l Lightning would get you into the 600 hp club.
Alex, I would be interested in taking you up on making the adapter for a KB Blowzilla

427Lightning

Established Member
Do you have a KB blower for a Lightning? I would need the blower and innercooler to make it easier for you to just bolt it on. Even if you wanted no IC I would need the blower to line everything up. You can check upon me on the NLOC web site to know who I am 871Bolt is my screen name over there.PS Heres a intake I just finished that lowers my blower 2" .Do you have to worry about smog?
DSCN0315.jpg

Last edited:

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Do you have a KB blower for a Lightning? I would need the blower and innercooler to make it easier for you to just bolt it on. Even if you wanted no IC I would need the blower to line everything up. You can check upon me on the NLOC web site to know who I am 871Bolt is my screen name over there.PS Heres a intake I just finished that lowers my blower 2" .Do you have to worry about smog?

Wow, I remember reading this build up on NLOC, I've seen a lot of your badass truck :beer:

Its nice to know that, if I ever get a chance to toss a blower on my bronco, I might have an easier and more efficient option.

I'm assuming this lower intake is designed for Gen2 L blowers because of the IC, correct?

427Lightning

Established Member
You could make any screw/roots blower work with my adapter, the one in the picture is set up for my Whipple 3.4. It lowers the blower 2" it's built around a Victor Jr intake I cut up and welded in the box that holds the IC.

Users who are viewing this thread