kennebell cobra times...update

randy

Established Member
drove 140 miles to Carlsbad only to find they don't sell fuel..sigh..
anyway, my best time happened after letting the car sit for a lil while(i was running out of gas). 40 minutes or so go by and i stage after doing my usual light burnout..launch from idle..spin..hop some...powership 2nd...spin...hook...shift to 3rd(not powershifting because i fricken miss most of the time)...TRY to powershift into fourth and GRIND!!! i have got to buy an adjustable clutch cable...grabs too close to floor..anyway, i get my slip at it says:
.743 rt
1.98 60
5.270 330
7.887 1/8 @ 94.94
12.080 1/4 @ 109.98
i need to learn how to drive my damn car!!!
BTW..if i coulda got my hands on some 100, i would have put the 17 or 19 lb pulley on and run an 11 in spite of myself......LOL

McRat

Established Member
Congrats! I'm the Blue Z06 Corvette that ran you a couple of passes.
Unless I'm mistaken, that makes you the quickest SuperCobra at Carlsbad so far. I could be wrong. I've run against several so far.

Get some ET Streets, and a rollbar! The ET Streets absorb the wheelhop. Wheelhop will break parts.

Last edited:

randy

Established Member
thank you....sure like your car!! i beat the other z's there...if i could only drive better!!! BTW everyone was very friendly there..EVEN you Chevy guys..LOL

randy

Established Member
someone told me you were telling stories about beating up on my car...i don't mind, but they said the post mentioned me running 18 lbs..which i was not..when my driving improves i hope to c you again..BTW i didn't make one clean pass all day, your 60 was .25 faster than mine, and you are a MUCH better driver..you beat the driver not the car.

McRat

Established Member
Originally posted by randy
someone told me you were telling stories about beating up on my car...i don't mind, but they said the post mentioned me running 18 lbs..which i was not..when my driving improves i hope to c you again..BTW i didn't make one clean pass all day, your 60 was .25 faster than mine, and you are a MUCH better driver..you beat the driver not the car.

Yeah, my bad! I corrected myself in that thread. Someone at the track said 20 psi Kenne Bell, and I didn't know he wasn't the driver. I only saw you with your helmet on! ;) My apologies.

You'll be mid-11 with ET Streets without any other changes.

Consider my "kill" story as a complement. I only post Viper, SuperCobra, and Exotic kills. If I killed a Camaro, it wouldn't be newsworthy unless he had alot of work done to it.

Last edited:

randy

Established Member
ok...thank you for correcting it, what i was telling people was i had the 19 lb pulley with me and that i couldn't use it because i didn't have any race gas. i also appreciate your advice on the tires..i bought the bfg dr's because i didn't want to buy new wheels and some guys are doing ok with them...i need to find a way to stop the wheel hop..even if i have to buy new wheels and tires, it would be cheaper than breaking at the track.

Last edited:

mattf2's99SS

Established Member
Do FI cars correct the same as N/A cars? 14 lbs is 14 lbs no matter what the altitude.

It sounds like you've got a really fast car w/ or w/out correction. Just get a good launch and 3 good shifts.

raptorman02

Established Member
Man you have so much more in that car. I am going to order my Kenne Bell next week, any recommendations? I am currently just running all the usual boltons and have a best of 11.699 @119. I hope to get into the 10's with the bell. I never have wheel hop anymore and from your post I hope the KB doesn't bring it back.

P.S. when I go to the track the Z06's are running high 12's at best, McRat you must really be able to wring that thing out.

Good racing guys

randy

Established Member
I learned to do burnouts and no longer have problems with hop at the track. I do have hop on street with 315 nittos though.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
NastyWS6: ...we have no good tracks anywhere near us...

True. But then again, we always have the streets of Ontario and Diamond Bar. Wait a minute...Street racing is not only illegal, it is also prohibitively dangerous as well ;-)

Red BOLT99

Established Member
Randy

The easyest place for you to get 100 gas would be the LA PAZ exit just befor DANA POINT just some info:)
Oh Ill be at CArlsbad not this sat coming but the Next maybe I'll see you guys.

sswhat

Established Member
i know what youmean nastyws6 carlsbad is a horrible track... when is the next time your heading up there?

Users who are viewing this thread