Kennebell= Blown motor??

SVTlover

Ur anger is my power
Established Member
I havnt started any major mods yet. Might as well do everything the right way the 1st time. So i have heard of many horror stories about after market blowers. I dont want to pick on KB but i would like to see WHO has or know someone who has blown there motor useing a KB, and if you can help me please indicate your boost please. Also was it the KBs fault if it wasnt what was the reason for the meltdown. IM really serious about this , your input will be taken seriously! Thanks

Steve

Last edited:

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
Gee, Joe....are you sure it is the blower or the chuckleheads who don't bother to tune an engine properly and expect magical things to just happen?

Take my Lightning, for instance. I have no problem putting a Kenne-Bell on there as long as I get the right AF mixture and boost PSI correct.....tough engine, but not made for much over 14 pounds of boost without getting some forged internals, spark plugs, belts, pulleys, re-programmed ECU and most of all....a smart tuner.

I'm still stock....saving my money for mods and letting someone with the right tools do my work. Blowers don't cause problems....bad tuners & stupid driving habits do.

Emmerson_Biggins

Huge, that is
Established Member
Anything that makes over 500lb/ft at 2500 RPM that was not designed to do so, is not going to be happy about it on a number of different levels.

Users who are viewing this thread