Kennebell blower at 13lbs

randy

Established Member
Went to Sac Raceway while up there to see family and OMG...This is the first time i have been at a track where i could actually launch the car..Needless to say, it took some time learning how to actually drive properly. Typically at LACR, I just ease out from idle after a short burnout...the first run(the car's temp was a lil over the first mark)was 11.976 with a trap of 121.5 with a 2.1 60'!!!! It was about 30 mins between each run and the car never got that cool again. However, I began to learn the track and eventually went 11.76 @ 120.4 with a 1.87 60'..My last run would have been better but my hand slipped off as i tried to hit 3rd and ended up in the radio:bash: My 60' on that was 1.78 and i have no doubt that if given more time and practice there i would have improved to 1.65 or less...This is only my 5th time at the track and the first time i have ever broken 1.9 60'...I still can't hit the 2-3 powershift and have been grannyshifting those 2 gears to complete my runs...This pulley measures 3.55" and the rest of the mods are listed below...if someone could tell me how to post a pic of the slip i will be happy to do so....

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by randy
fixed
Better!:thumbsup:

...if someone could tell me how to post a pic of the slip i will be happy to do so....
Do you have a pic of the slip on your computer?

Last edited:

§ilver§nake

Quiet Thunder
Established Member
...I still can't hit the 2-3 powershift and have been grannyshifting those 2 gears to complete my runs...

Have you installed an aftermarket shifter? If not, that is what you need. I don't have to worry about the 2-3 shift whatsoever with my TriAx. I slam it with the heel of my hand...click-click...and I'm back into the throttle.:burnout:

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
My friend Tim called me and told me that you were in sac!! He said get your ass over here and check out the kenne bell on your ride! I was too busy with my work though :( Would love to see your car though next time youre in sac!

randy

Established Member
been trying to get a pic of the timeslip up here, but i am computer illiterate...sigh. All runs were made with 275 40 bfg dr's...Initially, i was not heating the tires much..Just a slight burnout....This is what i have been using at LACR and has worked as well as anything..i was still running my 11.98-12.00, but bogging a bit off the line..I was also spinnig the 1-2 powershit..I powerbraked and spun the bfg's until they started to smoke....dropped the clutch at 2500 on 1rst, 3000 on 2nd and 3500 on 3rd launch attempts, dropping 60' each time..I was also able to powershift the 1-2 now...I can easily say that Sac was the best track out of 3 that i have been at...Track prep was EXCELLENT, and i didn't hop ONCE...another 03 was out there as well and after dropping some pressure in his f1's was not hopping at all either..You would have to run at tracks like LACR and Carlsbad to appreciate how nice it really was....Tetge? you know what i mean???? I think if i could get the 2-3 powershift down i could run a 11.3x there on 13lbs with stock throttlebody and headers..........

randy

Established Member
Re: Re: Kennebell blower at 13lbs

Originally posted by §ilver§nake
Have you installed an aftermarket shifter? If not, that is what you need. I don't have to worry about the 2-3 shift whatsoever with my TriAx. I slam it with the heel of my hand...click-click...and I'm back into the throttle.:burnout:
I can shift when i lift just fine...But i have only hit the 2-3 "powershift" a few times...I hate to blow runs.....

B03Cobra

SVT G0D
Established Member
Randy do you have any pics of your KB installed? What does it sounds like compared to the eaton?

03DOHC

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Kennebell blower at 13lbs

Originally posted by §ilver§nake
Have you installed an aftermarket shifter? If not, that is what you need. I don't have to worry about the 2-3 shift whatsoever with my TriAx. I slam it with the heel of my hand...click-click...and I'm back into the throttle.

...But i have only hit the 2-3 "powershift" a few times...I hate to blow runs.....
And that's why he was trying to give you the advice you need to do the 2-3 powershift correctly.

Rwick7

Established Member
And that's why he was trying to give you the advice you need to do the 2-3 powershift correctly.

I slam it with the heel of my hand...click-click...and I'm back into the throttle.

I believe with a power shift there is no "getting back into" the throttle...you never lift. If you shift correctly the gains from powershifting will be minimal and NOT worth it in my opinion. :beer:

46stang

Established Member
nice times randy!!congrats! How long of a drive is it to sacramento? sounds like it was worth it, but wow! those 60fts are unheard of down here huh. unless you have slicks!
you have to make the pic. pretty small. like under 100,000 bytes or so., then post a reply on here and at the bottom it says "attach file" click on the browse, find your pic. then click open. it will then upload on here. if you don't have any thing to make the pic. smaller go to download.com , then do a search for Irfanview , download it, it's free. then use that program to resize/resample the pic. so that it's small enough to attach. hope that helps?
Leon

Last edited:

chillfactor

2-BADSVTS
Established Member
RANDY, what size BFGs are you running....maybe I can know which ones to order.

§ilver§nake

Quiet Thunder
Established Member
...I still can't hit the 2-3 powershift and have been grannyshifting those 2 gears to complete my runs...

Ok, let me clarify where I'm coming from. As you can see from above, it was stated that you "can't hit the 2-3 powershift". From this, I derived that you are:

1) Missing third gear, or
2) Grinding third gear

If 1 is correct, then an aftermarket shifter will certainly help you. If, on the other hand, 2 is correct, an aftermarket shifter will help you only if you can't get it to engage and don't want to bend forks. However, if you are grinding third because of the lack of synchonization between your left foot and your right hand, then the aftermarket shifter will NOT help; only practice will help that.:)

In my original post, I did not intend to imply that "getting back into the throttle" meant powershifting; my goal was to emphasize the precision of the TriAx and the confidence I exemplify while shifting it.

I apologize for the misunderstanding.:beer:

Blades

Established Member
Thats amazing.. run the rice gas and go to 22psi. i wanna see it.. :D come on.. get a flip chip for rice gas

randy

Established Member
i ran 275 40 bfg dr's and spun them until they started to smoke..First time i had ever done that..My uncle said he heard them squeal a little, but there was no hop or noticeable spin from what i could feel..i ordered an adjustable clutch and hope that i can solve my powershifting problems with that....i can powershift the t5 in my 94 cobra all day long with the stock shifter, but it starts to grab about half way up....my 03 grabs very close to the floor...

Users who are viewing this thread