Kenne Bell

03sLeEpeRSnaKe

Established Member
I'm looking at blowers for my 03 Cobra on Kenne Bells website and I see they have the 2.6H and the 2.8H Mammoth and the 2.8LC. What ever happened to the Kenne Bell 2.2 for the 03/04 Cobras? And can anyone tell me the difference between the old 2.2 and the 2.6? I'm only interested in Street Performance and the occasional track day so I'm not looking for insane power gains but a nice bump to make about 525-550 RWHP. And is it safe to run Nitrous on the Kenne Bells? Thanks

zackkbcobra

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
you could get over 550 with a 2.6 ive seen people pushing 620hp i would let people with more knowledge comment .. i dont know about nitrous it shouldnt hurt it by any means.

crazycarlo

Established Member
there are guys making over 500hp with a ported blower u will deff see those numbers with a 2.6. They dont make the 2.2 anymore. They only offer the 2.6 and up.

03ChvyEtr

New guy
Established Member
I have a 2.8 and couldnt be happier, make sure you know the goals you have with your car, because in the future if you ever want to make a lot more power you dont want to max out the 2.2 or 2.6. With the 2.8 you can still run 17-20lbs and make tons of power and have it streetable, and with the 2.8 you have the room to grow without having to buy another blower.

03sLeEpeRSnaKe

Established Member
What about porting my stock eaton? How much does that usually cost compared to buying a Kenne bell 2.6? And what are the difference in power gains between porting and a new 2.6 kenne?

03chevyetr you actually make a great point. Right now I don't want a boat load of power but I might want it in the future. Whats the lowest boost amount on the 2.8? Can I run it at approx 525-550 HP without any issues and then push it to the max when I want to later? And whats the max boost on the 2.8 and what kind of power does the max boost put out? Thanks bro.

Kenne Bell

Established Member
Honestly, porting really doesn't do much. The power comes from the added boost (smaller pulley) and the timing (tune) not the porting.

The 2.6 or 2.8 will work for what you are doing. You can shoot Nitrous through the compressor. But I think you will get plenty with the compressor for the street.

crazycarlo

Established Member
While I agree that most of the power comes from running more boost (smaller pulley) id have to diagree saying that porting really doesnt do anything. It has been dyno proven by various companies (steg, posi) that porting the blower not only increases HP but it will also reduce the IATS. Now I love the KB scream and power potential but not everyone can afford it. OP you can pick a ported blower up for around $700 atleast thats how much i saw the last one go for her ein the classifieds.

Kenne Bell

Established Member
I just hate to see someone spend money and get at best minimal results. We have tested the ported blowers too, and just swapping a ported blower for a non-ported blower (no other changes) there was no HP gains, actually lost HP across the board.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Something doesn't sound right with that. Last year at FFF my buddy and I were parked next to a guy that had a ported blower with a stock pulley. The previous owner wanted to keep things stock looking for warranty purposes. Anyway, the dyno graph was 430-440rwhp and I can't remember the torque. Can you get those numbers with a stock blowers?

FWIW, my buddy is running a steggy stage 3 with a 2.76" upper and 4lb lower. He made 491rwhp. There's more in it, but his injectors were getting close to maxing out and the tuner didn't want to push it.

03ChvyEtr

New guy
Established Member
What about porting my stock eaton? How much does that usually cost compared to buying a Kenne bell 2.6? And what are the difference in power gains between porting and a new 2.6 kenne?

03chevyetr you actually make a great point. Right now I don't want a boat load of power but I might want it in the future. Whats the lowest boost amount on the 2.8? Can I run it at approx 525-550 HP without any issues and then push it to the max when I want to later? And whats the max boost on the 2.8 and what kind of power does the max boost put out? Thanks bro.
I mean you can run 525-550 hp my buddy has a 2.8 with a 4.00 upper and I believe a stock lower and he made 540hp and he has no issues at all, and by all means you can turn the boost up later:rockon:. A 2.8 best potential is around 20-22lbs pump gas, and higher boost and race gas its a monster!!! The max boost out of the 2.8 I believe is 28lbs and depending on your setup and other mods I see no reason why you cant hit high 800s possibly in the 900s on max boost, but I would def recommend a built motor for that. I have a built motor with cams, full exhaust and the whole 9 yards and I made a shit ton of power. It is a very reliable blower with no problems and It def makes the power!!!

Users who are viewing this thread