Kenne Bell verse L&M

latinwrlord

Established Member
Have the opportunity to purchase a used 72mm throttle body. Or purchase a new Kenne Bell 71mm throttle body. I have heard good and bad about L&M . Mostly good. But nothing on the KB 71mm. Anyone out there have some thoughts?

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member
Have the opportunity to purchase a used 72mm throttle body. Or purchase a new Kenne Bell 71mm throttle body. I have heard good and bad about L&M . Mostly good. But nothing on the KB 71mm. Anyone out there have some thoughts?

I know nothing first-hand, but all I know is KB = quality and I've never heard complaints about their products, esp as they aren't cheap. You get what you pay for.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
Is it for a KB blower? Because I think the bolt patterns are different for factory or other blowers

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
probably not a big difference, however, speak to your tuner on which he prefers and if he has experience with L&M TBs

latinwrlord

Established Member
I emailed the rep for Kenne Bell and he claims the the 71mm and 68mm throttle body share the same bolt pattern and will bolt up to the Eaton and TVS. It is their larger one that only bolts to their S/C. They both are $600 and $19 for shipping. Which isn't bad. But have heard more negative about getting tunes for them than good. Now the 72 L&M is used but excellent condition and already has the electronics installed. Can get it in the $500 range shipped. Now I looked at the Billet Pro Shop 73 but they only sell the plenum through the mail. The throttle body is sold local with local tuning only. I live in Florida, so that won't work. So, looks like I am leaning towards the L&M. My local tuner seems to prefer them. And actually told me if I don't want it to let him know. He will buy it for a customer's car. That they don't pop up to much. What you guys think. I have taken a lot of advice of the forums that have worked great. Car running strong and am working to get it stronger! One step at a time.

2nd2none

Established Member
Had an L&M 72mm in the past and had zero problems with it. The only people I've known with a Kenne Bell TB have either the 75mm or the bigger oval one. Never heard anything about their smaller TBs

latinwrlord

Established Member
Paid for the 72mm L and M today. Just have to wait for the mail. Coming from,Canada to Florida. Hopefully won't take too long.

Users who are viewing this thread