Kenne Bell shift points

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by Lomancobra
Kenne Bell guys- What RPM are you setting your shift lights at? Also which chip and how much boost are you running?
Don't have a shift light yet, but I plan on ordering the Raptor this week.
I'm using a Diablo Delta chip tuned by Modular Madness Motorsports and I'm currently seeing about 15.5lbs of boost.
Latest dyno graph is HERE
Track times suck...don't ask.

Lomancobra

Established Member
Definately get the raptor, it works great! So where do you try to shift? I notice that your dyno only goes up to about 6400. My car feels like it pulls hard all the way to 7K. Do you feel this also?

Last edited:

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by Lomancobra
Definately get the raptor, it works great! So where do you try to shift? I notice that your dyno only goes up to about 6400. My car feels like it pulls hard all the way to 7K. Do you feel this also?
I try to shift at 63-6400rpm. My rev limiter is at 7K, but I just can't bring myself to take the car up that high on the dyno or on the track. It's still pulling, but I sort of want this thing to hold together for a while. ;-)

Lomancobra

Established Member
Yeah I understand. The only thing that reasures me is that all 4.6 motors used to redline at 7k prior to 03. I heard that they just moved the 03 up to 6.5 because of the eaton. Apparently they did this because they were afraid of overspinning the blower, which the KB doesnt seem to have a problem with.

umustdv8

Established Member
Re: Re: Kenne Bell shift points

Originally posted by racerat
Don't have a shift light yet, but I plan on ordering the Raptor this week.
I'm using a Diablo Delta chip tuned by Modular Madness Motorsports and I'm currently seeing about 15.5lbs of boost.
Latest dyno graph is HERE
Track times suck...don't ask.

May I ask what pulley you are using. Also, what belt tensioner are you using?

EngCon

Established Member
I do not have a shift light, Diablo tune by Strictly Performance in Houston. My 1-2 shift is 5800-6000rpm (to try and reduced tire spin no worky) and the rest are 6300-6400rpm.

Tracy you will get the hang of your car in time.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
I dont have a shift light either and simply try and shift over 6k. Diablo chip currently running 17psi and the RPM's climb so fast I need to start shifting at 6k or I hit rev limiter.

dun4791

Established Member
Where are you all getting your Kenne Bell blowers at? I cant seem to find prices on the net- getting ready to start researching. What does the kit come with, what else you needed in install etc.?

Thanx--Lyle

umustdv8

Established Member
Originally posted by Lyle Dunahoo
Where are you all getting your Kenne Bell blowers at? I cant seem to find prices on the net- getting ready to start researching. What does the kit come with, what else you needed in install etc.?

Thanx--Lyle

I ordered mine direct from kenne Bell. Go to there site for pricing.

My kit came with the Blowzilla, boost a pump and a KB chip. I added a different pulley (15 psi) and removed the KB chip from the order, which they deducted from the total price. I'm going with a Diablo custom tune and chip.

You'll need to decide on a throttle body, you'll need to tell them you want to use your stock throttle body or the single blade. I did not know this when I ordered, so I'm calling on Monday to see what inlet they sent me.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by Lyle Dunahoo

Thanx--Lyle
I ordered mine from Modular Madness. I opted for 55lb injectors, single blade TB and a Diablo chip. No KB chip, no BAP.

Users who are viewing this thread