Kenne Bell Owners... Do you have the oil spray problem?

fryingricecobra

Crappyservice=Nocustomers
Established Member
I am getting ready to purchase my KB, but last night I saw this thread.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46831

How many of you KB owners have the oil spray problem? If everyone does then why isn't KB coming up with a good fix.
Not what they have now.

Hermans kit works well, but I WILL NOT pay for something to get something new to work right. Sorry KB but your about to lose a customer.

Nick

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
At 9psi i noticed seeping from the snout bolt but it really wasnt a problem. At 17psi and 4 dyno pulls I had oil everywhere including the quarter panels. KB sends you a kit which includes an elbow and a baffled hose telling you to route it into the air intake (I assume to dispose of tghe oil) but that will affect compbustion and is a bad idea if you ask me. You can run it to a small bottle/catch can if you like but personally I went with hermans setup.

coleman

Established Member
i've got the provided KB kludge installed & it does leak some oil @ 15#. i guess, more boost = more oil

@ 15# my problem isn't bad enough to go buy the only real fix

i'm awaiting a third option cuz i'm too damn lazy to go engineer one myself ... hmmmm, maybe

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Originally posted by coleman
i'm awaiting a third option cuz i'm too damn lazy to go engineer one myself ... hmmmm, maybe

I wouldn't think it would be too hard...

although not specifically engineered for automotive use, various forms of oil separators are already available and could be easily plumbed into the system

Last edited:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I feel the same way. There is no way I'm dishing out almost 5k for a blower and another 400 to fix that *new* blowers oil spray problem.

Lomancobra

Established Member
Hermans kit works well, but I WILL NOT pay for something to get something new to work right. Sorry KB but your about to lose a customer.

So are you saying that you wouldnt buy new cats to fix the clogging problem or buy a new drive shaft to fix the vibe if you had to?

Look at it this way, the KB is an awesome product, but nothing is perfect. Everyone is making awesome numbers with them. Don't let one little problem get you down. Herman's oil separator is a perfect fix if you want to run more than 15lbs of boost. If your going to spend upwards of 4-5gs whats the big deal?

Good luck with your decision

fryingricecobra

Crappyservice=Nocustomers
Established Member
Buying a new driveshaft is different. The vibe isn't going to mess *edit* (up) anything its just annoying. Besides that, mine was fixed under warranty like it should have been.

Last edited:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
fry - just going by what I have read on the forums (because I do not have a KB) every KB running over 13-15psi will spray some oil. And KB does have a band aid fix, but it is not something I would do. I think its basically a tube that directs the oil somewhere else besides all over the engine. So your engine will be clean, but you will still be loosing oil. So its up to you to decide what you want to do about it.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Well, I wouldn't let the oil spray keep me from buying a KB. Herman's kit does seem to work well.

But going turbo is not a bad idea at all. As far as I know, Pro Turbo just released their kit. Its pretty much the same as the mach1 kit. On their site they have it listed for $5200, but I don't think that includes the turbo, you can choose the size you want. But. . .the $5200 does include a K-member and coilovers. So depending on what type of Kmember, you might be able to shed some weight off the car while adding a bunch of hp. Check it out:

http://proturbokits.com/mustang9603kits.htm

Wild Bill

Established Member
I guess I will wait on the KB till they have that fixed.I dont think it should be spraying oil,wether its 2k or 5k.That is not cool at all.They should really design a fix themselves and send it free of charge to everybody that has their blower. I deffinatley want to stick with a roots or a twin screw.I would miss the instant boost.The turbo kits that I saw so far look uggly and homemade.The KB looks very nice,but the oil spray has to go.

Users who are viewing this thread