Kenne Bell Or Whipple

Status
Not open for further replies.

702lightning

Sck Snake
Established Member
Well just as it says. The kenne comes w/ more but doesnt come w/ a throttle body and inlet. But supposedly the whipple is more efficient. What would you do and why? Im leaning more torwards the kenne. Just because its been out for awhile and its got the bap and all the goodies. :rockon:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
the whipple doesnt come with a tb either. I say the whipple still has some high boost prooving to do. For now the KB owns all above 19psi.

sir-blah

Established Member
I like the whipple; more or less because I have one. I like the inlet better on the Whipple, and that I don't have to go aftermarket for it to not spray oil. (I know that they fixed/are fixing it) Today I made 539 rwhp @ 13psi. Also, the Whipple is quieter. Side by side I could hear the KB over my Whipple and exhaust.

My opinion in this whole KB vs. Whipple thing comes down to preference. True that the KB has more high boost proof, but the two being essentially the same internally in how they work I don't think that there will be huge differences in power at the same boost levels. I could be very wrong on that though. I am going 15 psi soon, maybe, but that will be it.

I really don't think you can lose with either one.

702lightning

Sck Snake
Established Member
I am doin research im also asking around for other perspectives. Thx for the input keepem comin!

maliclipse

Enormous Member
Established Member
Yeah read the PDF, goes over both blowers in great detail. I like autorotor (kb) just because its built like god made it - but their customer service is terrible. Don't get me wrong, the stuff is well made (their kits) and things don't break, just talking to them and asking questions is annoying - I live 1mi away from them though, they cant blow me off on the phone when I'm standing in their lobby.

I have a KB non intercooled kit on my 2002GT, its super nice, install went perfect and everything was incredibly detailed, their tune sux! but getting it retuned isn't a problem.

My vote is for KB. :)

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
The KB is the best thing ever made

Last edited:

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
The KB is the best thing ever made

Last edited:

Need4Speed03

Established Member
The KB chips

Originally posted by vector
i know some people run the kennebell chip that has to be risky every car is different with every mod

Before you order a KB kit you have to fill out the switch chip order form. Its asks you everything about the car including mods and computer codes. The chip is burned for you individually. As far as I know its not an off-the-shelf chip.

But I didnt go with the KB chip - I had one custom tuned for me & my mods. (actually going through a reburn right now!!)

As for the KB vs. Whipple debate -I bought a KB because the Whipple wasnt available and I got a great deal on a brand new KB from a guy who bought it and never installed it. If I were to buy one now...I really dont know which one I would pick - probably the KB just because its been out longer.

Either way you'll be happy!!!!

Shanezam203

Established Member
Originally posted by sir-blah
I like the whipple; more or less because I have one. I like the inlet better on the Whipple
anyone have any bottom side pictures of both the kb, and the whipple?

gnxs

Established Member
Originally posted by vector
LMAO ya thats not bias

That article gave me a good laugh. They compare the Whipple to the 2.2L Kenne-Bell when the numbers are more favroable for the 2.2L and to the 2.4L when the numbers are more favorable for that KB unit. Unfortunately, you can't have both on your car at the same time. Typical KB propaganda.

However, I do think the end user will be satisfied with either unit.

Last edited:

ozz

Originally posted by Shanezam203
anyone have any bottom side pictures of both the kb, and the whipple?

They are the same.

What did you want to see specifically?

Shanezam203

Established Member
Originally posted by tjm

What did you want to see specifically?
just what they look like compared to the eaton.
here is a of the Lightning eaton from the bottom. anyone have pics of the Eaton off the Cobra like the one below? And also pics of the KB and Whipple?
portedeaton2-vi.jpg

:coolman: Shane

Last edited:

ozz

I have them all at home. Won't be able to post until late tonight or tomorrow.

sn8kbite

Established Member
I ordered a whipple from razor edge last week.I was considering a kenne bell at first,however to date they have not fixed the oil spewing issue,they wont sellit without the BAP or CHIP which i dont need.
I dont want to spend another 300 or more for an oil catch can.
I was told KB have been returned for spitting oil,snouts busting off,seezing up completely.I was also told that to date there have been 0 count um zero whipples returned for any reason.
The cast whipple housing disipates heat better than the KB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread