Kenne bell or Procharger?

1slo4.6

Established Member
I got a buddy with a procharged 383 lt1 and right now my cobra cant hang what would be the better route to take as far as overall performance and hp gains a 2.8(kenne bell) or a f1-a(procharger) any advice is great im just getting that itch again so i need all the help i can get thanks.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Prochargers seem to making a comeback in the Terminator world since bfoley and Mastang starting tearing the tracks up with em!! Two guys in the MACA are installing F1 kits as we speak.

But, the Kenne Bell 2.6/2.8 family is really proving to be a heckuva application and when all is said and done, will probably outsell the Procharger's by 20 to 1 in the Terminator world.......

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
1slo4.6 said:
I got a buddy with a procharged 383 lt1 and right now my cobra cant hang what would be the better route to take as far as overall performance and hp gains a 2.8(kenne bell) or a f1-a(procharger) any advice is great im just getting that itch again so i need all the help i can get thanks.

That motor doesnt need excess torque down low (383 big cubes) a 281 cube motor needs a little help in that area. So unless you want a track only car, I would stick with KB, jmhbo

not knocking procharger, my 95 gt had a d-1 , loved it, (331 inher) see sig

wheelhopper

Established Member
I would also say it depends on how much time/difficulty you want w/ the install. The KB is bolt in unit, while the Procharger is much more involved, and pricey.

27x10.5

Established Member
Personally I could never give up the sound of the twin-screw, you can make equal power with both

IronTerp

1slo4.6 said:
Well, since you're in Maryland, tonight I had the pleasure of driving one of the most streetable bad ass 2.8H Terminators in the country. This Cobra ran a 10.25, 10.24, and a 10.22, all at 135+ MPH, in consecutive runs at Capital Raceway on Saturday and you would never know it unless you pushed your right foot to the floorboard. Running 6 speed, IRS, mild weight reduction, and could be making an assault on the 9's here when the weather get's a little cooler........2.8H is gitin ur dun here.

27x10.5

Established Member
Hey IronTerp, when did it feel like the power came in strong? I mean, did it put you in the seat at 3500 or did you have to wait until like 4500-5000 before the thing really ripped. I picture big blower, maybe some lag at first but I could be 100% wrong. I just never got to ask anyone.

gsloth

Established Member
Hey IronTerp, when did it feel like the power came in strong? I mean, did it put you in the seat at 3500 or did you have to wait until like 4500-5000 before the thing really ripped. I picture big blower, maybe some lag at first but I could be 100% wrong. I just never got to ask anyone.

These things make full boost at 2500 and up. Its instant power all the way through, no lag whatsoever. I couldn't be happier with my 2.8, kb is the way to go. Yes, these things are big, and I'm at the bottom of its power efficiency, but that doesnt mean lag, just less efficiency (hence my low torque numbers). I'm turning up the wick on it as soon as I can,

Last edited:

IronTerp

These things make full boost at 2500 and up. Its instant power all the way through, no lag whatsoever. I couldn't be happier with my 2.8, kb is the way to go. Yes, these things are big, and I'm at the bottom of its power efficiency, but that doesnt mean lag, just less efficiency (hence my low torque numbers). I'm turning up the wick on it as soon as I can,
Yup......this was my experience for sure. SMooth and instantaneous throughout the power band. Matt has his suspension dialed in so well that one of the things I enjoyed the most was the front end lift on acceleration, and drop on shifting.

Users who are viewing this thread