Kenne Bell Guys

JNY XXX

Kenne Bell Owners,

I'm looking into getting a KB, and I had some questions:

1) In addition to the KB, what other upgrades need to go into the car?

2) If you don't mind answering, how much can I expect to pay, out the door for everything, should I buy everything new?

3) Now after having a KB, would you ever recommend that someone not get one, and, if so, why?

4) Are any of you running nitrous with your KB, and, if so, what's that been like?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

FYI: My mods include a pulley, chip, CAI, catback, and I'm running a 50-shot of spray. Not sure any of this matters to address the above questions, but just wanted to let you know.

John

P.S. I posted this thread over in the Terminator section, but I didn't think it'd hurt to post it here too - sometimes things get lost in the madness of the Terminator section.

bfoley

Established Member
1.) I would recommend a lot of upgrades, but it depends on how serious you are.

2.) Probably 6200 for a 20 psi setup which includes tuning, chip, injectors, BAP and a professional install.

3.) I love mine. I would recommend anyone who wants to take that next step.

4.) I run a 125 shot Wet kit. It is mad!!!!!!! Wakes it up!!

Last edited:

Trigger5150

1) 255 fuel pump along with boost gauge and fuel pressure gauge

2)You can expect to pay around $5K otd.

3)I love mine. The torque is phenomenal and you don't have to wait for it to spool up.

4)I'm not running nitrous with mine, but it's certainly not out of the question.

bsmith9165

Established Member
I just got my car back and from what I can tell i love the KB. My big mistake was not upgrading my fuel system at the same time I upgraded everything else. And since my car is a 98 I completely redid the motor with forged pistions and rods, main and head studs, upgraded oil pump. My new fuel pump goes in tomorrow. I did dyno the car at Turbo Teck in Tacoma and that is how I found out about my fuel problem. On the dyno at 3200 rpm it made 212 hp with 343 lbs of torque. I have along way to go but I do love the KB supercharger

Users who are viewing this thread