Kenne Bell going on soon, whats needed

add5725

Established Member
As it states in the title, I finally have enough money to get started on getting the Kenne Bell on. I have a list of what I think I need to do it correctly but wanted some second opinions.

What is exactly needed to put the KB on correctly.

I have a list at home and will post later. Any input is greatly appreciated.

fuzzie

AKA---Silver04'L
Established Member
Injectors, MAF, and Pumps if you wanna be safe. Keep the boost around 17psi if your still on a stock motor. I took my stock motor to a 11.67 @ 17psi with a very conservative tune. Other than that stuff you should be good to go. Good luck bro and post up some #'s and times.

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
Im putting a kb on soon and I keep getting different info. If at 500 rwhp the stock fuel system is fine. Then Ive been told anything over 450 rwhp change everything. Whats right?

Sick03L

Track Whore
Established Member
I had the same confusion on the subject. But then I thought about it and just ordered 60#ers and Boca Ron is hooking me up with some pumps to be safe. Why push it that hard and worry that you are close to maxing out the stock fuel system. This way it will not be the fuel systems falut if I turkey leg the block.

add5725

Established Member
I do not have a built motor. I think I went a little overboard on ordering stuff. On my living room floor right now I have the blower, a fluidyne heat exchanger, 60# injectors are on the way, new fuel pumps, gauges and a-pillar gauge pod, upper JLP plenum on the way along with chickenears CAI, overflow tanks, ordered a accufab throttle body, metco idler pulley, oil seperators, diablo tuner, going to be getting a propper tune. And I feel like I am forgetting something but I think thats all.

Chi3f

Established Member
add5725 said:
I do not have a built motor. I think I went a little overboard on ordering stuff. On my living room floor right now I have the blower, a fluidyne heat exchanger, 60# injectors are on the way, new fuel pumps, gauges and a-pillar gauge pod, upper JLP plenum on the way along with chickenears CAI, overflow tanks, ordered a accufab throttle body, metco idler pulley, oil seperators, diablo tuner, going to be getting a propper tune. And I feel like I am forgetting something but I think thats all.

did you get something to deal with the maf, sct2400 or a mafextender?

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
add5725 said:

Holy cow man... My wife would stab me in the neck if I ordered all of that.

Your truck is not even gonna feel close to the same! One question why didnt you buy a built block instead of all that? Not bashin ya Im just wondering.

add5725

Established Member
no i still need something to deal with the MAF, as far as getting a built block instead of a floor of parts, I need to blow up this block first. A built block is in the plans a little further down the line.

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
Get a Sct maf a 2400 will be fine but u could also get a 2800. Depends how crazy u are going to go in the future.

203Cree

Established Member
You could also go with the Mafia. Will do the same thing and give you a little more room to grow than the SCT will. :)

add5725

Established Member
anyone have any suggetions on where to get these for a good price, any vendors that support the forums, I would check but im at work and want to get things ordered today, just dont have time to look while at work, you know how it is. Thanks again for all the help guys.

Chi3f

Established Member
203Cree said:
You could also go with the Mafia. Will do the same thing and give you a little more room to grow than the SCT will. :)

how do you figure?:shrug: good luck maxing out a sct2400 nevermind a 2800

RocketCouch

Established Member
Yeah, it was my understanding the SCT 2400 will support up to 700 hp. Is that wrong?

I'll check LFP, thanks!

mickey03L

Just the normal bolt ons
Established Member
if u went diablo with tuner, might wanna check out the mafia. not sure how the sct meter and diablo tuner would work well together.

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
Sct 2400 will support 625 rwhp. Dont forget the little stuff Like a new belt depending on ur pulley combo. If u need a hand I live very close. I just got done installing mine.

Users who are viewing this thread