Kenne Bell Cold Air

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
any one try this kenne bell cold air yet?

http://www.kennebell.net/accessories/CobraCoolAir/CobraCoolAir.htm

how did it work out? There design, from a logical standpoint, seems sound.

I did notice an improvement using the steeda CAI but it does sit right smack in the engine bay with all the heat. The heat shield it comes with does not encase the filter as many of you know.

any thoughts on the kenne bell version?

schropper

Established Member
Yeah, I installed it on my 03 & it was a bitch. I had to cut the aluminium coupler that comes with it in half. It was 4.25" in lenght and wouldn't allow the whole setup to make the bend. Once the thing was cut in half it gave it just enough room to squeeze in. I mean squeeze too. That hose clamp you see for a stabilizer is a mystery, I threw it out. that thing sits in the fender well tighter than a nun. Works great and looks good, but installs no where like what the instructions say.

j card

Established Member
I have it and it works fine. Install was tougher than under the hood, but no big deal. I didn't have to cut or modify anything. It's tight, but it goes. Watch out for rain and car washes, water in the hole next to the fog light will hit the filter.

tv's 03

Established Member
Its not good IMHO, effective, but not good. That hose is dryer hos and can easily tear or get a hole letting in unfiltered air.

its a real cheap piece to pay that much money for...ie a filter attached to a dryer hose.

j card

Established Member
Sorry, but it isn't dryer hose - it's a lot tougher than that. You'd have a tough time TRYING to tear or puncture it. It's also smoother on the inside than it looks on the outside. Amazing how many people chime in that haven't ever had the stuff in their hand before.

Users who are viewing this thread