Kenne Bell Cold Air Kit

fryingricecobra

Crappyservice=Nocustomers
Established Member
Its the same as all the other CAI.
Just has the Kenne Bell name on it.

Whether its an open air filter in the engine w/heatshield or in the fender...the hp is all around the same numbers.

toby

Ordered mine Friday hope to have some input the end of this week. Funny no one has really made any remarks about this unit so we will see.

stevieb

Established Member
I agree with frying rice cobra. I dont like the fact that theres more chance of loading up the filter with road crap with it in the fender well, or it looking like you borrowed the shop vac hose to make it work.
I put in a PHP kit, it has a nice looking ss cover on it. But it was a bit more costly, even with the pre filter. If you want to see one go to www.paulshp.com

RDSZ

600+HP
Established Member

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
i had the kb cai and thought it was "ok". i had idle issues w/ it no matter where i positioned the maf. putting the screen back on got rid of the problem. in the end i just pulled the tubing, took the screen back off, and put the filter straight off the maf. i saw more boost w/ the tube in so apparently there is some restriction w/ it on.

toby

Started to go with Amazon, thought it looked really cool but wanted it in the fender for cold days. Like the low key appearance and never drive the car in rain if I can help it.

toby

What is the deal with moving the maf, I thought it would stay in the same position. If you guys are having these problems I might let it go back and just do the filter. What do you think?

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
the maf was moved around to find the "sweet spot" where the car wouldn't stall anymore. it just seems like there's way too much turbulence w/ all the bends. after putting the screen back in i was able to put the maf position back to the stock 10 o'clock w/ no issues. in hindsight i should've just gone w/ the straightshot filter from the start.

toby

Thanks man. I have not ownrd the car long and sometimes there is so much info it is hard to dicide. Just read the poll on cai kits, that helped some also.

hpbyhermann

Established Member
Edgewater Maryland, New shop in Beltsville Marylan
dyno's aren't a good way to quantify cold air kits.....

The results of a dyno test and a real-world test at the raceway are often far form the same. The dyno never takes into account the amount of air flowing under and through a car at speed........i have used most of the kits available and we like the results the simple kenne bell kit and another using a filter from afe and a billet adapter like everyone uses in conjunction with a simple fan wash shield from c-l performance............both work much better on the street and track than you can believe for the money.....the key is to make sure you attach the mass air in the same angle/position as stock to get a good accurate sample across the sample wire.........real world #'s and dyno #'s are often very different animals.......hope this helps...hermann:beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread