Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump???

Roush97

Established Member
I am installing an 03 Cobra engine in my 97 GT and I need to upgrade my fuel system to handle the new engine. I just visited the KB site and read about the Boost-a-pump system, it sounds like what I need but I have never heard of anyone using it. What are the pros and cons? Please anyone out there that has used this system please let me know what you think of it. Thanks.:D

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
Since you've already got it all apart, I would just go with a return-style fuel system. The 99-up cars have a returnless system, and if you want to keep that setup, you'll have to switch all the lines, more wiring, and probably the gas tank.

With a return-system, you might have to route new lines, add new fuel rails, and do some wiring, but the whole system itself is much simpler, and can handle more horsepower.

-Homer

Roush97

Established Member
I currently have a return style system and the only thing I will have to do to make it work with the new engine is get some 96-98 DOHC fuel rails. Switching to a return-less system would be too much trouble, I already know what is involved in the swap from return to returnless. I was asking about the boost a pump system because I need to upgrade the amount of fuel supplied to the engine to compensate for the extra air from the supercharger.

Bostard

Established Member
I do not personally run the boost a pump but I do socialize with people who use it and swear by it. I have never heard a negative other than the price.

Users who are viewing this thread