Kenne bell Boost a pump wiring on 2010 shelby

griz_83ho

Established Member
Installed a 2.8kb on my shelby last year and just got a base tune for it. Question is can anyone tell me what wire goes to what when wiring it in the trunk? Car fires up and then immediatly dies so I am double checking everything.
Thanks Kris

Speedboosted

Established Member
There should be a few write-ups within this forum, I would try searching for it. I'm about to install one as well, so curious as to what people have to say. Good luck

scotsam

Established Member
Albrightsville, Pennsylvania, United States
Thanks, that helps me a lot. Hopefully the wiring is close to the same on the '11 I'm about to do

I'm not sure about the 10 but apparently on the 11 there is one wire that runs back from the two fuses for the pumps and y's at the back so it was recommended to me to run a hot (well two actually but I ran one 10 guage) from the battery to a relay (big high current relay) in the trunk to feed the bap wires. Not saying the way posted in wrong by any means but it seems ford cheaped out on wire at least on 11up. So do some research if you have any questions I can show you what I did the wiring is scarier looking than it really is.

Last edited:

fullboogie

Established Member
Also keep in mind that Ford used whatever color wires were available on the assembly line, so if a writeup references a "red" wire or a "green wire" your car may not have that color wire. You need to follow the wires to their starting point and destination to be sure you are working with the correct wire. Lots of people have run into this issue.

Users who are viewing this thread