Kenne Bell blower?

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Give Don at Modular Madness a call. You can buy the KB basically how you want it. When I ordered mine I only purchased the Blower and didn't get the BAP or chip.

D-Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by toofast4u
Give Don at Modular Madness a call. You can buy the KB basically how you want it. When I ordered mine I only purchased the Blower and didn't get the BAP or chip.

do they have a website? whats the number?

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
there will soon be other blowers on the market to choose from...Works Power and Procharger are both about ready to bring their units to market.

Linn

03BlownSnake

SVT Tech
Established Member
Somewhere on this forum there is a post about Whipple superchargers I believe, they are or will be making a similar unit to ours (Eaton) but screw type, like the Kenny Bells. So soon enough ther will be plenty to choose from

Dont you just love the market for our cars? This is to sweet!

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Originally posted by 03BlownSnake
Somewhere on this forum there is a post about Whipple superchargers I believe, they are or will be making a similar unit to ours (Eaton) but screw type, like the Kenny Bells. So soon enough ther will be plenty to choose from

Dont you just love the market for our cars? This is to sweet!

Whipple is the WorksPower supercharger..twin screw pack

j card

Established Member
Originally posted by Linn@AmazonRacing
Whipple is the WorksPower supercharger..twin screw pack

Not exactly.

Workspower buys the raw blower from Whipple (as does Saleen - KB used to, but not any more), and then will package it in their own install kit. The blower itself may be the same, but the inlet, mounting stuff, tuning stuff (chip, etc) will be done by each individual company, so the way that they run in "out of the box" form may be different.

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
John, you thinking of picking one of them bad boys up from Wipple? You been over at their shop peeking at 'em, haven't you?

j card

Established Member
Originally posted by mswaim
John, you thinking of picking one of them bad boys up from Wipple? You been over at their shop peeking at 'em, haven't you?

I've been over there a few times.......:thumbsup:

Actually, I know a couple of the guys over there and we do favors for each other from time to time. The last couple of times I have been over there (in the last few weeks) have been very "informative".

n2fords2003

Established Member
J Card!!! how can you say this and leave us hanging "The last couple of times I have been over there (in the last few weeks) have been very "informative"."

What I want to know is release date and numbers of any kind!!!!

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
I thought the Works was supposed to be released "just after the new year"?

stangfreak

Established Member
:lol:

the works is still a mystery to all. i agree with n2ford, dont leave us hanging man!!! i think i can speak for all that we are all dieing to see what the works is all about.

many people with the kb are running 15 lbs of boost. thats plenty for street use. if your looking for over 500rwhp, no matter what you get you will get there. works, kb, samething.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Originally posted by j card
Not exactly.

Workspower buys the raw blower from Whipple (as does Saleen - KB used to, but not any more), and then will package it in their own install kit. The blower itself may be the same, but the inlet, mounting stuff, tuning stuff (chip, etc) will be done by each individual company, so the way that they run in "out of the box" form may be different.

yes that is true..I guess I didnt say it the way I should have.. we were told as a Whipple dealer and a WorksPowers dealer that the unit Whipple will be offering is the WorksPower unit..they refer all inquries about a 03-04 Cobra unit to the WorksPower site..I guess the info you get from a manufactor depends on just who it is you talk to when you call.....we will able to offer either unit when they are ready for market..whether it is the same unit or two seperate products.

Linn

j card

Established Member
Originally posted by n2fords2003
J Card!!! how can you say this and leave us hanging "The last couple of times I have been over there (in the last few weeks) have been very "informative"."

What I want to know is release date and numbers of any kind!!!!

Sorry about that, I am only posting what I know for sure. Most of what I know has been the result of casual discussion, it isn't official, and I don't want people reacting to something I post and then finding out later on that it was just speculation when I heard it. Besides, I don't know how much that they want out yet, and I don't want to piss off my connections.

I have seen the prototype engine with the blower on it - so I know it exists and is making progress. As of about 2 weeks ago, they were ironing out little details on mounting things - like throttle body placement and the configuration of the inlet. Since the prototype engine is not in a car (it will be tuned and tested on an engine dyno to start with), they used my car to take additional measurements on things like hood clearance, firewall clearance, and anything else that might be in the way. They did mention a few things about "other kits" that they feel they can improve on - but I'm not going to go into detail about that.

I have no idea where Works is at in their development - it is being done separately from Whipple, so it's anybody's guess as to which one will hit the market first.

Users who are viewing this thread