Kenne Bell big bore units up to 2.8L

tmsoko

Established Member
So, I see Kenne Bell now offers big bore superchargers up to 2.8L. Does anyone know if these are still opcon/autorotor compressors or are they manufactured by/for Kenne Bell alone? Seem similar to autorotor, but different all around.

Just curious!

Also, anyone know prices for compressors alone? I am building a custom stroked windors intercooled engine and have a 2.4L, but the 2.8L seems intrigueing for my 410ci displacement!

GodStang

Established Member
They are Autorotor. You can get them alone. Depending on what kit you want. If you want the 03-04 Cobra kit it is -$300 for the chip and -$250 for the Boost a pump. then +$500 if you want it polished.

tmsoko

Established Member
Turns out they are not Autorotor, but made by a different Swedish company. Truely amazing how the design and even styling is nearly identical.

Hopefully they will prove to be just as reliable.

I will not be doing a "Kit", as I would only need compressor and a drive. I am making a custom sheet metal intake to hold a modified 03-04 Terminator intercooler in the valley of my 351W stroker project. I have a 2.4L Autorotor compressor now, but the larger would be nice!

See posts #18 and #31 from James at KB:

http://modularpowerhouse.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36752&page=2

Last edited:

GodStang

Established Member
Ok The reason I said they were still Autorotor is because the guy I am ordering from said that he is waiting to get them from Autorotor. James probly said from the supplier and he just figured he ment Autorotor. Its cool that they are going with a new supplier.

Users who are viewing this thread