Kenne Bell BAp...Help

blownstang01

Established Member
Well I finally upgraded the wiring and wired my BAP before the FPDM. Now when I start the car it pegs my 100lb. fuel pressure gauge !!! I datalogged it and it sat at a steady 90 lbs. But I think that's as high as the numbers go on the PID. After letting it run for a few minutes it developed a leak on top of the tank, probably the line coming out of the pump housing WTF ??!!! What pressures have others seen after the install ??? The funny thing is that I measured the voltage coming out of the FPDM and it was only 12.73 volts.
'03 Cobra Tank
Focus Pumps
Aditional wiring added to fuel pumps (parallel circuit)

Has anyone encountered this ?
Thanks, Mike

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
You have something wired very wrong. Not sure what, but something is. Did you have the FPDM retuned for the focus pumps?

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I thought the FPDM only had to be modified for the Aviator and GT pumps? That the Focus pumps and/or BAP did not challenge it's voltage limitations.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Maybe not. I am not sure, but you are probably right. Anyhow, something is not right. :shrug:

blownstang01

Established Member
OK, I found it. I had bought a 40 amp relay and plug from a local supply, and the wire colors did not match the colors on their instructions. I found it once I checked the connector numbers on the relay, Oh well now to drop the tank and check the leak ! Thanks for the replies.
Mike

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread