kenne bell 2003 cobra blower

yellowz06killer

Established Member
I was wondering if the kenne bell blower is worth the money? They said the put one on a stock car and it made 617 rwhp. Now I want to get the most possible hp out of my car but is this a little to insane?

03DOHC

Established Member
That guy posts here. He goes by "randy". Maybe you can PM him or do a search on the blower.

SVTyballz

Established Member
That 617 HP was made on 20 lbs of boost and 108 octane race gas. I called them to ask what it does on 14-16 lbs and 93 pump gas but they didn't have any info on it.

gary

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by SVTyballz
That 617 HP was made on 20 lbs of boost and 108 octane race gas. I called them to ask what it does on 14-16 lbs and 93 pump gas but they didn't have any info on it.

gary

Better watch out posting that...You might end up like me and get a nasty e-mail from Randy the attack dog....:cryying: :dw: :shrug:

SVTyballz

Established Member
Originally posted by NetworkingGuru
Better watch out posting that...You might end up like me and get a nasty e-mail from Randy the attack dog....:cryying: :dw: :shrug:

What??? Whaddid i say??? Did I do something wrong??? oh well............. I'm such a pain in the a$$ huh? Made a phone call. asked a question..........they didn't have an answer.......hahahahahahaahahah.....no biggie.

EDIT: WOOF! hahahahahaha

gary

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by SVTyballz
What??? Whaddid i say??? Did I do something wrong??? oh well............. I'm such a pain in the a$$ huh? Made a phone call. asked a question..........they didn't have an answer.......hahahahahahaahahah.....no biggie.

EDIT: WOOF! hahahahahaha

gary

I am saying that because of this thread:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=199312#post199312

In addition, the dude sent me this e-mail:

This is a message from randy at SVTPerformance ( http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/index.php ). The SVTPerformance owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

To email randy, you can use this online form:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/member.php?action=mailform&userid=****

OR, by email:
mailto:******@aol.com

This is the message:

DO U EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT?? STOP YOUR FRICKEN FLAMING AND "KEEP" YOUR IGNORANCE TO YOURSELF...WHO TOLD YOU MY CAR PINGED?? NAME YOUR BS SOURCES BEFORE YOU GO SHOOTING OFF YOUR MOUTH.,

I don't know what the guy's problem is, but he pissed me off real quick like....

Got Incon?

Government Slave
Established Member
I don't see any point in buying it until there is a side by side comparison with the boost the same between the blowers irregardless of what pulley size is needed to make that boost. (I assume the screw will be more efficient, but I want to see it)

I wouldn't pay 3500 for something just because it makes 600 hp at 20 psi. Maybe if it gains 40 hp for the same level of boost. For 3500 I'd do a turbo setup anyway and blow the KB out of the water. Sure it would cost more, but not that much more. Two ball bearing garrett turbos would make the cobra crazy to drive.
And then you would have one really unique vehicle, for a while anyway.

I remember when having a V8 turbo stang was a rarity. Now it seems like everyone and their entire family owns one.

Got Incon?

Government Slave
Established Member

This is a message from randy at SVTPerformance ( http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/index.php ). The SVTPerformance owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

OR, by email:

This is the message:

DO U EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT?? STOP YOUR FRICKEN FLAMING AND "KEEP" YOUR IGNORANCE TO YOURSELF...WHO TOLD YOU MY CAR PINGED?? NAME YOUR BS SOURCES BEFORE YOU GO SHOOTING OFF YOUR MOUTH.,

I don't know what the guy's problem is, but he pissed me off real quick like....

I'm sure there is an ignore list you can add him too..... Thats pretty lame for him to send you something like that. Certainly could have been more mature. But then again, its generally not polite to post someones private email to you.

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by Got Incon?
I don't see any point in buying it until there is a side by side comparison with the boost the same between the blowers irregardless of what pulley size is needed to make that boost. (I assume the screw will be more efficient, but I want to see it)

I wouldn't pay 3500 for something just because it makes 600 hp at 20 psi. Maybe if it gains 40 hp for the same level of boost. For 3500 I'd do a turbo setup anyway and blow the KB out of the water. Sure it would cost more, but not that much more. Two ball bearing garrett turbos would make the cobra crazy to drive.
And then you would have one really unique vehicle, for a while anyway.

I remember when having a V8 turbo stang was a rarity. Now it seems like everyone and their entire family owns one.

Agreed, and that was my point in the previous post. The whole point of the KB is that it is supposed to heat the intake charge less at high boost levels, meaning that you SHOULD be able to hit higher boost levels without detonation than is possible with the Eaton. Unforunately, based on the results I've read, I don't think that's the case. I WON'T run race gas :nono:

As for the TT, yea, a TT V8 is my dream car. Hopefully, a TT setup for the Cobra will be cheaper than the 16-60 G's one costs for the Vette :shrug:

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
I'm sure there is an ignore list you can add him too..... Thats pretty lame for him to send you something like that. Certainly could have been more mature. But then again, its generally not polite to post someones private email to you.

I agree, and I normally wouldn't have. However, he never even replied to my e-mail back to him telling where I found the info. He could have at least appologized (I would have). So, I just thought everyone should know what a stand-up guy he is. If you don't think that's appropriate, sorry, but I don't pull punches. Someone messes with me for no reason, I mess back. :shrug:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Thats a shame that randy couldn't try to be alittle more helpful instead of being so defensive. I really hope a complete turbo kit comes out for us. Its a real shame that TDC might have gone out of business. With what they did to the 4.6LGT and 4.6L cobras, I think the results would have been really amazing with our lower compression engines.

Got Incon?

Government Slave
Established Member
I agree, and I normally wouldn't have. However, he never even replied to my e-mail back to him telling where I found the info. He could have at least appologized (I would have). So, I just thought everyone should know what a stand-up guy he is. If you don't think that's appropriate, sorry, but I don't pull punches. Someone messes with me for no reason, I mess back. :shrug:

Not picking on you at all. What you did and what he did is like this.

^
|
|
|
|
|
|
| ^
| |
------------------

There was no call for how he reacted. You wern't rude in anything you said to him, he was. Makes me wonder if randy is jim belle or whatever his name is. I've heard numerous times on the corral Jim is an ass. I've never dealt with him though. But one person says it, prob not anything to worry about. You hear it over and over again (kinda like excessive motorsports, lol) and you start to believe it. Two peas in a pod I guess.

A turbo kit need not cost that much. You can buy the garrett CHRA's yourself, get someone to fabricate some headers, then figure out the ducting. Shoot, if I didn't have a full time job already that paid well I'd prob start my own company. And I could completely dominate the market since I would make sure if I say I can build something and take orders for it I would deliver (and not umpteen months later)

Got Incon?

Government Slave
Established Member
People were banging down the doors of Incon to give them money, and all they had to do was build the damn kit and ship it. They could have made plenty of money with as many people who wanted one of their kits. They sure do make great power. I have my Incon setup on my 87' detuned just so the block will live. If I ever find a good A302 and a forged crank though...........

SVTyballz

Established Member

OR, by email:

This is the message:

Damn.........can open!! worms everywhere!!! hahahahahah I read that thread before............musta forgot about it. I tend to forget about things that arn't worth the effort of remembering...... Oh well. I got it from the horses mouth. The kenne-bell people told me that 617 hp was done with 20 lbs and 108 octane. But, just like a lot of people here, I would like to know how it performs at 14 lbs. with 93 octane. or 16 lbs...........or 18 lbs with water injection. or what ever. I can get 104 octane here but 4.75/gal for a daily driver??? Would be nice but that's not for me. Later

gary

Got Incon?

Government Slave
Established Member
I think they are banking on the "wow" factor to sell blowers. Because until they do side by side comparissons, they have not proved anything about the kenne belle being better than the eaton. If Ford did a good job on the intercooler design, the differences in power could really be minimal in the range where pump gas can be used.

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Not picking on you at all. What you did and what he did is like this.

^
|
|
|
|
|
|
| ^
| |
------------------

There was no call for how he reacted. You wern't rude in anything you said to him, he was. Makes me wonder if randy is jim belle or whatever his name is. I've heard numerous times on the corral Jim is an ass. I've never dealt with him though. But one person says it, prob not anything to worry about. You hear it over and over again (kinda like excessive motorsports, lol) and you start to believe it. Two peas in a pod I guess.

A turbo kit need not cost that much. You can buy the garrett CHRA's yourself, get someone to fabricate some headers, then figure out the ducting. Shoot, if I didn't have a full time job already that paid well I'd prob start my own company. And I could completely dominate the market since I would make sure if I say I can build something and take orders for it I would deliver (and not umpteen months later)

Don't know about the Jim Belle thing, but it is kinda weird how he reacted.

I hope someone comes out with a reasonably priced turbo kit for the Cobra. I'd hate to have to find someone for custom Fab work. This is my baby, I don't like a whole lot of guessing. :nono:

Got Incon?

Government Slave
Established Member
The fun is doing the fab work yourself ;)

Course I do hardware for a living, so I'm biased.

Hell I would think of scavenging my turbos from my 87 to do the 03' but then the better part of my brain that I never use to think with says, wtf are you thinking, its a new car with a warranty... But then I remember I'm a guy, and as my gf likes to point out to me, since when did I use that head to think with.

Users who are viewing this thread