kenne bell 2.8 mammoth problem

03chromecobra

Jason Daily
Established Member
Had a fitting break off during shipping, other than that it's perfect. Wondering if anyone has dealt with this before? I would rather not have to ship it to them if it's fairly easy to fix. Just to clarify, I already called and emailed kenne bell and am awaiting a response. Bought it from a private seller and is covered by insurance (ups), they must have dropped it just right because the packing was good. 601.jpg

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Had a fitting break off during shipping, other than that it's perfect. Wondering if anyone has dealt with this before? I would rather not have to ship it to them if it's fairly easy to fix. Just to clarify, I already called and emailed kenne bell and am awaiting a response. Bought it from a private seller and is covered by insurance (ups), they must have dropped it just right because the packing was good.View attachment 44974

Luckily it is a hollow fitting (already has a hole in the center). I would guess that an EZ Out would grip the inside of that broken portion of the fitting as you turn it outward.

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Good thought, best place to buy an ez-out? Seems like every tool store has their version.

These are nice, and as you turn it left, it digs in deeper until you are turning the broken off piece out. I don't know what size you would need, but if you bring the broken portion to somewhere like an ACE Hardware, they should be able to size the right one for you.

IMG_4027_zpsvxb5axyf.jpg

R

nxhappy

Established Member
you might not need EZ out...just take some needle nose pliers, spread them apart, and turn counter clockwise. Or spin that broken piece with a small flat head screw driver...

Users who are viewing this thread