Kenne Bell 2.8 lc dyno numers

Lylesr33

Established Member
I have a non LC KB 2.8 as well making 17lbs of boost (17.6 to be exact) and it made 633rwhp and 567 on the torque. I have the 3.5 upper and stock lower with stock manifolds, bassani catted x-pipe and Borla Stingers.

04oxfordvert

Established Member
wow. same boost as me more resrrictive exhaust. goes to show that all cars are different. and your numbers kill mine. what fuel was that 633 made with. our tq close tho..

04oxfordvert

Established Member
well sir. you have a stout motor! cold dyno or heat soaked? mine was super heat soaked. so gives me real world numbers.

Lylesr33

Established Member
it had made three pulls 20 minutes before it made those numbers. I'm sure it wasn't heat soaked but it wasn't a cold dyno either. There's a video of it somewhere in this section.

badmpg03

Established Member
Something sounds off, but I am not an expert.
Not that it helps but my 2.2 made 600whp and 595wtq at 19 psi. On E i gained another 40-50rwhp and had about the same torque.
The TQ you mentioned just sounds way low, indicating there is a problem somewhere.

How is your tuner? Can you post the dyno graph?
How does the car respond otherwise while driving? Blower running well/did you buy new?

Banshee06

Established Member
Blower runs good when it was on the original motor it was more powerful and scary fast but it lost oil to the drivers head and broke the timing chain because of frozen came so this is a remanufactured engine.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Banshee06

Established Member
Irish600whpslipping.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
wow. same boost as me more resrrictive exhaust. goes to show that all cars are different. and your numbers kill mine. what fuel was that 633 made with. our tq close tho..

It goes to show all dynos are different.

Fooj

Established Member
Mine made 662 on the dyno with the 3.75 (i believe) 18.5 psi. Its got long tube headers and full 3" exhaust. Like to go with one step lower pulley but its running good dont want to mess around with it lol

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
How much boost and how much hp were you at? Can you still buy a pulley around that size for the kenne bell?
Made 730whp SAE in WI and when the new owner had it dynoed in AZ it made 785ish whp SAE on the same tune. This is on a factory longblock with headstuds. This was through 1&7/8 long tubes>3" X pipe with cats>2.5" catback on E85 and made 24psi.

Not sure on the pulley, I ordered mine from MattKB (or whatever his username is) about 5 years ago.

Quick Strike

Established Member
On 93 octane and Torco, my non LC 2.8C made 742/647 RW with a 3.5 upper and 2# lower at 22Lbs. It has custom cams, larger valves, head/intake porting, 9.8:1 compression, Kooks long tubes, high flow catted 3" X and 2.5" FR500 catback.

Users who are viewing this thread