kenne bell 2.6h

icedcantinflas

Algo bien
Established Member
Okay so I took my car to get dynoed and the results I got were not what I was expecting or hoping for. I was dissapointed to see that it made 523hp. My question to you guys is, shouldn't it make more being a 2.6h??? What could possibly be wrong??? Would love to hear you guys out. thanks

CAPONE

Established Member
Okay so I took my car to get dynoed and the results I got were not what I was expecting or hoping for. I was dissapointed to see that it made 523hp. My question to you guys is, shouldn't it make more being a 2.6h??? What could possibly be wrong??? Would love to hear you guys out. thanks

First of all, what kind of car and what are the mods?

Could be many things... Belt slip, i/c pump not working, spark blowout, low timing...Without more info, it's tough to say. You at least have the dyno graph you can post? Also if you're using SCT handheld and you have a laptop, we could guide you through how to datalog, which might shed some light on things.

Last edited:

icedcantinflas

Algo bien
Established Member
Its a 03 svt cobra. Kenne bell 2.6h + 18 psi + 12" jlt cold air intake + bf tb + kenne bell bap + 60 lb injectors + kooks long tube headers w "x pipe" o/r + MAC 3" catback. My car runs on 93 octane.

gabe1530

Banned
sounds like you should be around 600 with those mods.
what are the plugs gapped at?
what is the timing at?
who is tuning it?

01yellercobra

Established Member
A slipping clutch could cause a power loss. But I would think you'd feel it on the street too. Or smell it at least if it's slipping that much.

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
A tuner with his rep "thinks its the clutch"? Is that a joke? A slipping clutch is the most obvious problem and he can't give you a sure answer of why your car is down 100 horsepower?

triple-s

Established Member
I have a 2v with a 2.6 and I had the same problem with mine not making power at first after a couple weeks we finally figured it out it turned out the back inlet was leaking due them warping it out welding on the bypass valve.they sent me a new one and problem solved full 18 pounds and went from 491 hp to 619 hp.

rizjan67

Established Member
Well the numbers your car put down cobras make with ported blower there got to be something wrong with the tune.I put 2.6h kenne bell and my car out down 623rwhp in pump gas ,you can see the rest of mods in my Sig.

Users who are viewing this thread