Kenne Bell 2.6 drive snout bearings

Foghorn

Established Member
Background: I did a Teksid block swap that took me several months of having the car apart. When I removed the S/C, I left it bolted to the intake manifold assembly and just set it on the workbench until I was ready to reinstall it. Now the car is running again, but I have a loud squeal from somewhere in the front drive of the engine.

My untrained ear indicated that the squeal was coming from the front drive of the blower, right behind the drive pulley. I took a short video and e-mailed KB, but the tech I talked to thought it was an idler. So, I bought a 6-rib, 54 inch serpentine belt and used it to drive everything except the supercharger. No more squeal!

The blower rotates freely, and has just a little bit of backlash in the rotors (I don't know how I'd measure it), so I don't think the rotors are out of time or alignment. The oil in the blower is at the right level and clean. The squeal is definitely coming from just behind the pulley.

So...my question is: Can I replace the bearings in the supercharger snout locally, or do I have to send it back to KB? I know that the bearings are sealed and are supposed to be lifetime of the blower items, but shit happens....

Any thoughts or advice would be welcomed.

Users who are viewing this thread