Kenne Bell 2.4L Blower for 03/04 Cobra

k_kenley

Established Member
I have a Kenne Bell 2.4L blower set-up for an 03/04 Cobra 4.6. This came off of the Terminator engine that I have in my 81 Mustang. It needs a rebuild as it leaks oil from the front gear area into the blower case pretty badly. I opted to upgrade to a 2.8 LC compressor instead of getting this one rebuilt. I will have pics posted up by Tuesday.

It comes with the compressor, snout, base plate, KB inlet elbow, 2 pullies (I will measure them and put the sizes up next week), and 2 belts. The only piece missing is the bypass valve.

As I said, it needs a rebuild before it can be used. I literally live about 1 mile from Kenne Bell in Rancho Cucamonga, Ca, and would be willing to drop it off with them to get it rebuilt, and you could just arrange for the rebuild with them, or you could send me the money and I will set it up myself. I could then pick it up after the rebuild and ship it to you, or you could have them ship it to you. If you live any fair distance from this area of Southern California, this is prolly the best option for you to end up with fresh blower assembly for a good price.

I am asking for $1000 for the entire set-up as it sits, without the rebuild. PM me if you have any questions.

Last edited:

k_kenley

Established Member
According to Kenne Bell's pricelist at http://www.kennebell.net/KBWebsite/Pricelist_pg/links/PriceList.pdf:

$699 - REBUILD ALL TWIN SCREWS (New bearings, seals, coupler, rotor dressing, seal & test)
Note: Gears rarely wear or need replacing unless damaged and burned from lack of oil. If gears need to be replaced, add $250

I will say that due to how quickly it went through oil at times, it may have affected the gears, so if that is the case, then the rebuild will be the $949.

k_kenley

Established Member
Okay, first, I work the weekends (Fri thru Mon). So, I will get pics of the blower put up on Tuesday morning. I will also put up a video of me spinning the rotors by hand so that you can see, and hear that it sounds okay.

To answer some questions that I got here, and thru PM's:
-I am firm on my price.

-The rebuild would be done by Kenne Bell, NOT me. I do not work for them, nor do I have any influence with them on pricing, and they are typically firm on their rebuild pricing. I just live, literally 2 minutes drive from them, so I would be willing to drop it off for them to rebuild it. You can pay them for the rebuild, or send me the money to pay them. Also, you can arrange to have them ship to you after the rebuild, or have me pick it up, then ship it to you.

-Kenne Bell tests ALL of their rebuilds and would certify the blower to be fully functional one the rebuild is done. As stated, the only piece that I don't have is the bypass valve, because it was used on the custom sheet metal inlet that is in my 2.8l. I can check with Kenne Bell to see if they have any used valves around that they may sell cheaper than new.

-I have a list of who put dibs down first, either thru PM or on this thread, and it's up to over a dozen so far. I will be fair in sticking to that order, but, if you don't have money ready, I will move down the list and offer it to the next in line. I will extend offers starting Tuesday once the pictures are up, and you can see the condition of the blower. First in line will have Tuesday to lock up the deal, then the second in line on Wednesday, and so on... If I offer to the next in line, the person I offered to previously will still have a chance to come in and get it before the next person offered, but, I'm not going to wait.

k_kenley

Established Member
Sorry for not having pics up yet, had some family stuff come up over the past couple days. I'm cleaning it up right now (There's still some remnant silicon on the base plate where it mounts to the intercooler core), and looking for one of the pullies that I'm including with the sale. Pics will be up by tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

coketo

Silver Snake!!!
Established Member
any update on who is in line first, second and so on???

k_kenley

Established Member
Okay, sorry for the delay... With 5 kids, life tends to get in the way sometimes. Here's links to some pics that I took of the blower and parts. I have the inlet and back spacer removed so that you can see the rotors from the back. I figure that it would be best to just have the guys at Kenne Bell bolt them on when they do the rebuild on it. The pullies are about 1 3/4" (I think around 18.5 to 19psi and 607 table on 100 octane) and 1 7/8"(made 17psi, 543rwhp on 91 octane) in diameter. All of my tunes were more on the conservative side for the aount of boost, and they were through a Viper T56. Also, this is the later model of 2.4 where they used a spacer plate between the blower and base plate to raise the blower up, so you can use a stock crossover coolant tube instead of having to modify the tube.

KB1.gif

KB2.gif

KB3.gif

KB4.gif

KB5.gif

KB6.gif

KB7.gif

I'm having trouble uploading the video of the rotors turning, so I will post a link to that as soon as I get it worked out.

k_kenley

Established Member
Here's a link to the video of the rotors spinning. Notice that there is no tinging or scraping sounds. The video and audio do get out of sync when I go to flip over the blower to show the rotors from the back, but you can still hear them.

http://youtu.be/DbhRydQfiv0

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread