Kenne Bell 2.4

aaguila

Established Member
Anyone ever use this blower looking for some more power, trying to swap it with my stock eaton with 60 injectors and a kenne bell boost a pump just wondering how much power will it put down and not sure what pulley is on it yet

GodStang

Established Member
Know a lot of people that have used them. As far as power depends on boost, mods, and fuel. The install instructions in the how-to section for the 2.2L should help if you don't have any.

mfrazier2

Engineers lead the way!
Established Member
You don't really hear a lot about these blowers. But i have heard they're pretty similar with the 2.2L. Really loud and decent power increases up to 600hp+. The heat they create is their only downfall... from what ive read.

stangfreak

Established Member
Not too many people had the 2.4. I had a 2.4 kb. One of the first ones actually. I ran 17lbs of boost and made 547rwhp and I think 520rwtq The car was tuned by two tuners. There were a few of us who experienced the same low number results. we weren't sure what was going on. I even sent my chart and info directly to jim bell. we spoke on the phone and he wasn't sure what happened. He even was going to replace it with a 2.2 kb but there was an issue with the rotor supply If I remember correctly and I went back to a ported eaton bc I didnt want to wait or drive around with a low performing 2.4 kb cobra. You have to remember back then, a kb cobra was like, the shit. It was what every mustang guy wanted. so I went back to a ported eaton and made 510rwhp and 550rwtq with 17lbs of boost as well.

Thats my story

blood

Established Member
My. 2.2 only makes 530rwhp at 17 lbs not sure what the hell is up but told it wad cause my bored over engine compression is to low

Users who are viewing this thread