Kenne Bell 2.2 installation help!

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
I started the installation of my 2.2 the other day, and it's not too bad, pretty self explanatory for the most part. My only concern is with the modules bracketed to the driver side of the Eaton. Does anyone have an explanation of what to do with these? I've been told they get deleted, which makes sense, but how is that delete process taken care of. Would it have anything to do with the lone vacuum port at the rear base of the Kenne Bell's adapter plate? This is really the only thing that will be holding me back aside from doing some powdercoating on the valve covers while she's torn apart. Speaking of which, can I reuse these valve cover gaskets or should I order new ones from Tousley?

Thanks!

Dakota

BO TY KLR

Established Member
I believe those are egr equipment on the bracket. Unless you do an egr delete they stay. The single port on back base of KB I ran a vacuum line to fuel rail pressure sensor, and t'd it to the KB by-pass valve. All my stock lines stayed on the inlet of blower except to those stated above.

AMB

Established Member
DHG Terminator

Do you have a KB Installation Manual ??? I have one, that I can E-Mail you if you need it !!!

davidbcasey

Established Member
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum.../736037-kb2-2-vacuum-routing-w-o-egr-pcv.html

I used this thread as a guide...there is a link in here that shows how to simplify the vacuum bundle you are talking about. I just installed my 2.2, so if you have any questions, shoot me a PM.

Bit of advice, assemble the blower to lower intake completely with it off the car. Makes life easier when trying to get to that PITA bolt under the plenum and with getting the unit back on the car.

Users who are viewing this thread