Kenne Bell 2.1L Help

wiltjoe

Banned
I just recently bought the kb 2.1L 5psi kit for my 99 cobra. I had a shop install it, and it took them a full week to do so since the instructions were messed up. The knock sensors had two different instructions and the alternator bracket didn't fit correctly. So, I drove the car one week with the KB chip, and my check engine light comes on with p1000, p0303, p0305, U0F60.

p1000 won't go away because KB had a different thermostat installed and the car doesn't go above the normal heat gauge level anymore.

p0303 and p0305 are misfires in cylinders 3 and 5, and I change the plugs to autolite 104's. Nothing.

u0f60 is a computer code that I cannot figure out.

None of the codes clear. So, I drove it a week to see if they'd clear and nothing.

Now, the engine pops when at idle, like bad fuel. I run 94 octane, but I changed the coils and put in octane booster, and still nothing.

Recently, the car has been making very bad noises after it warms up a bit, and it still pops and whatnot when at idle. Although, it also sounds like a bad bearing in the charger as well. Here's a video of it.

I tried KB, and they keep telling me to take it to a shop and have it fixed. Any help or info would be appreciated.

[ame="http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=47410603"]LINK[/ame]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread