kenne bell 1.5L for sale with custom intercooler for 96 to 98 cobras

mystickb1996

Established Member
I made this phenolic intercooler and had it on the cobra pictured before I sold it. Great guy to deal with that I sold it to and if any questions feel free to ask.. Gains we're very impressive.. Glws
Ps I miss the lightning you sold me!

corbin.s.barr

Established Member
Hell man, If I sell my truck in the next week or so I will hit you up! This is exactly what I wanted for my cobra to finish her off!

Otherwise, I will hope you don't get rid of it before I come up with the $. Unless you are interested in a deposit to hold?

autoworx

Established Member
I asked the previous owner who had built the intercooler and also was tuning the car and he replied

"Yea, before ic I saw temps in the 180-200+ range and after the ic it would stay steady at 120-130 when cruzing in 70-80 degree weather. Even when making a pull it didn't go over 140-150 ever.. It can be further maximized is there was a lager overflow for more fluid. Also for a gasket auto zone sells sheets of gasket material and I traced it out on the kb lower intake and cut it to size."

So it looks like the ic will drop the temp 60 t0 70 degrees

2004TBV

Living the dream
Established Member
I want this ****ing intercooler, but I have a Mystic and I am not ditching my hood.

Who made the intercooler? How could one make one or make this one fit a 2.1L without having to change out the hood?

Last edited:

autoworx

Established Member
I want this ****ing intercooler, but I have a Mystic and I am not ditching my hood.

Who made the intercooler? How could one make one or make this one fit a 2.1L without having to change out the hood?

the previous owner built it and actually did post on the add as well. and as for clearance it wouldn't need a lot to clear the hood he just doesn't want to chance it. perhaps you can put spacers on the k member and lower the motor down a bit. do you have an aftermarket k member? Or any aftermarket engine mounts that make the motor sit lower?

The Commander

Established Member
I wish I had been looking in the market when i first joined when I had the funds to purchase this:nonono:

Last edited:

01HDSC

Established Member
I made this phenolic intercooler and had it on the cobra pictured before I sold it. Great guy to deal with that I sold it to and if any questions feel free to ask.. Gains we're very impressive.. Glws
Ps I miss the lightning you sold me!
What did you use for the coolers core?

autoworx

Established Member
actually the car wasn't professionally retuned it was tuned by the previous owner which has posted on this forum, mystickb1996. Still trying to figure out how he came up with his forum name

Users who are viewing this thread