EditorTurner

Established Member
00-2016-Focus-RS-RX-Livery-Featured.jpg

RX Wrap
Ken Block and Andreas Bakkerud reveal their World Rallycross Focus RS RX livery
By Steve Turner
Photos courtesy of Ford Motor Company and Hoonigan Racing Division

When Ken Block dropped the eighth edition of his popular Gymkhana video series there was a big teaser at the end—the Focus RS RX. Though it was just a rendering, this was the first appearance of the head Hoonigan’s new race car. Ken and Andreas Bakkerud are set to debut the Focus RS Rallycross cars in competition at the FIA World Rallycross event in Portugal on April 15-17.

“I’m really happy to be expanding my relationship with Ford Performance," Ken said when the car was introduced. “To have official factory support for my race season in 2016 and beyond as I enter the FIA World Rallycross Championship full-time is absolutely incredible. It opens up a ton of powerful resources that myself and my team will be able to benefit from in terms of engineering prowess, research, development and racing experience from different fields. Plus, have you seen the car that they've created for me to go race in? My mind was blown when they showed it to me in Dearborn a few months ago…”

Today, however, was the big reveal of the both cars’ racing livery. One wears a frenetic white and black zigzag pattern, while the other is wrapped in a similar gray and black pattern. The former is Ken’s racer, while the latter is driven by Andreas. See them revealed to the world right here…

[video=youtube;Q8FRQ6KQ6NY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8FRQ6KQ6NY[/video]

“Known for his unique and distinct liveries, Hoonigan Racing Division’s Ken Block is pleased to launch the 2016 Hoonigan Racing by Felipe Pantone race liveries, a collaboration between Block, Hoonigan and kinetic street art artist Felipe Pantone,” says the video description. “The first livery is for Block’s all-new Ford Focus RS RX rallycross car that he’ll be using to compete in the full 2016 season of the FIA World Rallycross Championship. And, since Block now has a teammate, Andreas Bakkerud, that means a second Focus RS RX also receives a unique livery by Felipe Pantone as well.”

The cars definitely look ready to race now. It will be fun watching these amplified versions of the Focus RS in competition this season. You can watch the first test of the RS RX here...

[video=youtube;lKGngRbKiTw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKGngRbKiTw[/video]

“I’m really stoked that I was able to partner with Felipe Pantone on this,” Ken added. “I’m a huge fan of Felipe’s work and I think it’s awesome that we were able to work together and have him create bespoke art in his signature style for us, that we were then able to translate to both new Ford Focus RS RX racecar, as well as on to Andreas’ car, but that also worked equally well for Hoonigan and my other partners on a bunch of apparel and product.”

1-Ken-Block-Focus-RSRX-Livery.jpg

Look for some serious hooning from these two Ford Performance Focus RS RX as Ken and Andreas Bakkerud compete in FIA World Rallycross.

The Mod List
Power: 600 hp
Torque: 900NM. Capable of 0-60 mph/2 secs.
Body: 2016 Ford Focus RS, seam welded and reinforced. Homologated FIA-spec roll cage. Custom body design by Ford Performance and M-Sport. Bespoke underbody protection.
Engine: Ford Performance and M-Sport developed Ford EcoBoost 2.0-liter engine. Garrett Turbocharger with 45mm restrictor. Cosworth Electronics engine management. Optimized rallycross intercooler and radiator package.
Transmission: Sadev 6-Speed sequential gearbox with adjustable, mechanical front and rear differentials. Triple plate AP carbon clutch.
Suspension: SLA-type suspension, both front and rear with three-way adjustable Reiger dampers.
Brakes: Brembo four-piston calipers with 350mm rotors. Sadev Hydraulic handbrake system.
Interior: Recaro Pro-Racer Ultima, FIA-8862 spec driver’s seat (only).
Wheels: 8x17-inch wheels to suit WRX tire regulations.
Tires: WRX spec AVON race tire.

Users who are viewing this thread